Boston Bruins player skips White House visit

Was it just the "libtard media" comment that pissed you off or something else?

Nah...I am used to that...it is just one of those situations, you know, where you come to the realization of a truth, and you just have to shar it with everyone! :P

Exercising my right as an INDIVIDUAL to say that you guys are a bunch of !@#$s....sorry, DC Tom has already claimed the kinder "idiot".

And why exactly do you feel that way. Because they're agreeing with and standing up for a guy who has a different opinion than yours?

And why exactly do you feel that way. Because they're agreeing with and standing up for a guy who has a different opinion than yours?

Actually, Chef, I don't know if his opinion is different than mine. The OP claimed that he Thomas was taking a stand because he "hates Obama"...I was pointing out that he (Thomas) went out of his way to point out that his stance was non- partisan, but, rather, a stand on poltics as they stand right now. Then, the whack pack ran with it, and, as is typical, because he "spoke his mind", and they percieve that it is in line with their own opinion (ignoring Thomas's statement altogether) he is somehow now an exemplary American...simple as that. I don't have any problem with him, or anyone else, who doesn't want to visit the White House.

Actually, Chef, I don't know if his opinion is different than mine. The OP claimed that he Thomas was taking a stand because he "hates Obama"...I was pointing out that he (Thomas) went out of his way to point out that his stance was non- partisan, but, rather, a stand on poltics as they stand right now. Then, the whack pack ran with it, and, as is typical, because he "spoke his mind", and they percieve that it is in line with their own opinion (ignoring Thomas's statement altogether) he is somehow now an exemplary American...simple as that. I don't have any problem with him, or anyone else, who doesn't want to visit the White House.

No only one person mentioned Obama and that was in the subheading of the subject line. The only one running with the he hates Obama remark is you.

What does going to a non-partisan celebration of your team's success at the White House have to do with making a political statement? This wasn't an Obama event, it was a traditional White House event. Thomas is a selfish coward for stealing the spotlight from his team, and making a weak statement of why he didn't attend. Get some balls and admit you don't like Obama if you're going to take a stand. Just another reason to hate the Bruins. Fans behind the net should hold up a huge teabag with Thomas' picture on it.

What does going to a non-partisan celebration of your team's success at the White House have to do with making a political statement? This wasn't an Obama event, it was a traditional White House event. Thomas is a selfish coward for stealing the spotlight from his team, and making a weak statement of why he didn't attend. Get some balls and admit you don't like Obama if you're going to take a stand. Just another reason to hate the Bruins. Fans behind the net should hold up a huge teabag with Thomas' picture on it.

He's boycotting the institution you numbskull (hey, you got a twofer) not the sitting President.

This is a great example of how liberalism permeates the sports media as well. When the Steelers won the SB in 06 James Harrison didn't make the trip to the WH. In 09 he declined too. However in 09 sports media figures came out of the woodwork to decry the outrage (& show us what a big group of pusssies they are). Harrison was surprised by The outrage because, as he said, no one cared last time.

I remember the biggest pusssy of all, Tony Schlereth (or whatever his candy ass name is) saturating a tampon over it.

While I agree with everything he said, I wouldn't refuse to visit the president over it. If I felt that strongly about visiting with our president, I'd be looking for another country, but that's just me..

But I also don't care that he did this. It's a good reminder about how free we are.

Edited by John Adams

In the comments section:

Dave

I don't recall anything that said that the Bruins had to vote for Obama as a requirement to visit the with him at the White House or did I miss something?

Timmy - when the President of the United States says "Come visit me and let me shake your hand" you do it because it's a big deal. If you don't like the politics or the size of the government, that's another story for another day.

The thing is, if he just spoke out, there would be no story, so it was the perfect time to make a decision. I am neutral, as I am Canadian, but I admire him for doing what he believes is right.

This is a great example of how liberalism permeates the sports media as well. When the Steelers won the SB in 06 James Harrison didn't make the trip to the WH. In 09 he declined too. However in 09 sports media figures came out of the woodwork to decry the outrage (& show us what a big group of pusssies they are). Harrison was surprised by The outrage because, as he said, no one cared last time.

I remember the biggest pusssy of all, Tony Schlereth (or whatever his candy ass name is) saturating a tampon over it.

Didn't Harrison give a reason that was something to the effect of "he's only inviting us because we won"? I just found the quote:

This is how I feel -- if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerned, he would've invited Arizona if they had won.

Wasn't the vast majority of the reaction directed at that mind-numbing logic?