Article on Buffalo pizzerias

• 2 weeks later...

And the best part? His car wasn't registered.

And this reminds me of how much I miss Buffalo pizza. Everything I've had out here in Boston is so cardboardy (yeah, it's a word now). I'm sure there's a decent place out there, I just haven't found it yet.

I used to work at Pizza Junction and am familiar with the guy. He's a spoiled !@#$ who ran the place into the ground. Instead of focusing on their great pizza, wings, and subs, they decide to start making eggplant parms, lasagnas, alfredo, etc. It's a pizza parlor, not an italian restaurant which is I think what caused the downfall...

Btw, the guy that now works at the new Vito's place worked at Pizza Junction from the time it opened 40 years ago. He practically constructed the Pizza Junction pizza.

Here's a link with the security video of him hitting the sign:

http://tonawandas.wgrz.com/news/news/62853-pizza-dispute-north-tonawanda-turns-ugly

I used to love the greasy, doughy WNY pizza I grew up on because....well because it was pizza. But since moving to SF and having tons of the thin crust Neapolitan pizzas they tend to serve here I can't stand that pizza back there. But that's just me.

I used to love the greasy, doughy WNY pizza I grew up on because....well because it was pizza. But since moving to SF and having tons of the thin crust Neapolitan pizzas they tend to serve here I can't stand that pizza back there. But that's just me.

Naming a pizza after a exiled leader of France is a red flag to me. Those things taste like a cracker with tomato sauce. Give me doughy and greasy every time. Extra pep = x grease. :worthy:

Naming a pizza after a exiled leader of France is a red flag to me. Those things taste like a cracker with tomato sauce. Give me doughy and greasy every time. Extra pep = x grease. :worthy:

Well it's actually named after Naples Italy. Don't get me wrong I'll eat the doughy greasy ones but not my favorite anymore. Remember, pizza's like sex. Even when it's bad it's good.

After moving away from Buffalo I was surprised that I could find good wings almost anywhere, but no pizza.

I'm living in the middle of Atlanta, and my choices are Dominos or Papa Johns. There is a Buffalo based pizzeria/restaurant called Galla's that does it right, but they are a bit of a drive and definitely too far away to deliver.

Pizza and Jim's Chicken Finger Subs are what I miss most about Buffalo food.

After moving away from Buffalo I was surprised that I could find good wings almost anywhere, but no pizza.

I'm living in the middle of Atlanta, and my choices are Dominos or Papa Johns. There is a Buffalo based pizzeria/restaurant called Galla's that does it right, but they are a bit of a drive and definitely too far away to deliver.

Pizza and Jim's Chicken Finger Subs are what I miss most about Buffalo food.

I will preface this post with this. I'm, as you all know, a food snob. Ok let me rephrase that. I'm a foodie. So I gotta say you miss chicken finger subs??

Oh wait you're a stoner right? Carry on.

I will preface this post with this. I'm, as you all know, a food snob. Ok let me rephrase that. I'm a foodie. So I gotta say you miss chicken finger subs??

Blasphemy! Chicken Finger Subs are the nourishment of the Gods! Stoner or not. First thing I do when Im back is hit up Jim's Steakout for one. I "advise" you to try it. :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDareustein

living in habana norte where the humidity is usually about 1000%, good pizza and good bread is hard to find. However my wife makes her own pizza and a killer seafood pizza, and a chicken wing pizza

Chef, I am with you on the pizza..even make my own on the Egg sometimes and it is awesome...

but pleaae for the love of God drop the foodie moniker..i cringe when someone tells me they are a foodie.maybe I am watching too much Bourdain

Chef, I am with you on the pizza..even make my own on the Egg sometimes and it is awesome...

but pleaae for the love of God drop the foodie moniker..i cringe when someone tells me they are a foodie.maybe I am watching too much Bourdain

I gotta use my Egg for more than grilling and smoking. Ok I'll take your advice (oh !@#$) and change my moniker from foodie to "he who knows more and appreciates food more than all you numbskulls put together!" Better?? :D

I gotta use my Egg for more than grilling and smoking. Ok I'll take your advice (oh !@#$) and change my moniker from foodie to "he who knows more and appreciates food more than all you numbskulls put together!" Better?? :D

anything better than foodie.i always think of twenty something dweebs complaining over something, anything, about a restuarant just to sound cool and "in the know" when i hear the term foodie

yup. I hate douchey, made up words or phrases such as that.

So you'll be a hwkmaafmtaynpt?