Bills Salary Cap Article

syrcuse315

What jumps out at me is the suggestion of the Bills going after Mario Williams.

I would love for that to happen, but I would be shocked if the Texans let Williams walk.

Is there something I'm missing?

Are the Texans out of cap room? Was Williams' injury so severe that the Texans think he is too big a risk to keep?

the thing with m williams is conner barwin and brooks reed are playing great at olb,, m williams is a luxury itll take likely 90 million+ . so theyre asking themselves now ,is the money better spent on one guy or 3 new guy? would i take him here yes, but id rather have campbell and solai.

the thing with m williams is conner barwin and brooks reed are playing great at olb,, m williams is a luxury itll take likely 90 million+ . so theyre asking themselves now ,is the money better spent on one guy or 3 new guy? would i take him here yes, but id rather have campbell and solai.

I was thinking along these lines, not just in regards to Houston, but the league in general. Most teams have pass rushers under contract. We may have more need in that one regard than any other team which puts us in the unique position of being able to allocate $15+ million to address that one position.

If we have to cut ties with some well paid marginal players or question marks, like Merriman, Edwards, and Sp. Johnson to free up the cash then so be it. One elite player is worth more than 2 role players and a guy who probably won't play half a season.

Edited by Rob's House

Bills fans aren't "scared" of the Patriots because they are the Patriots and nobody can compare. Bills fans just rightfully have zero confidence in their own organization.

The Pats haven't won a SB in a pretty long time now so OBVIOUSLY, any average organization has a shot at beating them. The Bills haven't been average, they have been in the scum at the bottom of the barrel of the NFL for over a decade.

Hopefully, that's changing. But we have said this before. The team looked to be arrow-up going into quite a few offseasons only to have the team trade or let key players walk and caused the team to take steps back.

They've lost like 18 of the last 20 meetings with the Pats. It's completely logical to lack confidence in the bumbling Bills. But don't let that get in the way of your confidence......like the Stevie Johnson benching caused the Bills to give up 48 unanswered points a few weeks ago. Homer please.

disappointing to see the Pats in such good cap shape...But I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

Other than Brady they have no big time players signed to huge contracts. They have lived off of a combination of very poor drafting and washed up last shot free agents on defense. While that hasn't worked out too well, they have always avoided paying for any sort of big time weapons for Brady and that has worked out just fine...They got Moss on the cheap when they had him, Branch is practically free...It will be interesting to see how they handle Welker, who should obviously be due for a huge pay day...

Once Brady goes, I have a feeling like this team will crumble back into oblivion though...

As far as the Bills go, it's nice to hear Nix say that they will spend to the cap this year...Make it count...

That cap number is a bit misleading. For one they have to resign Wes Welker and that's going to eat into their cap room. They likely will still have 10-12 million to play with after they resign and extend their guys. But their cap number isn't as big as it is in that article.