Etta James dies at 73

erynthered

If you like Etta, there was a pretty good movie, a couple of years ago, called "Cadillac Records". It was the story of the Chess brothers (inexplicably morped into one character, played by Adrienne Brody), and the careers of Etta James, Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters, and Chuck Berry. Beyonce played Etta James. Apparently, Etta wasn't thrilled with Beyonce. It wasn't for her performance in the movie (it was a trade up!), but the fact that Beyonce was invited to sing "At Last" at Obama's innaugeral, rather than Etta James herself. It is a good story...and really captured the spirit (even if a little loose with the facts) of the Chess blues artists... Mos Def was most excellent as Chuck Berry.

My favorite Etta James cut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHF2SI6PYtY&feature=related

Edited by Buftex

I agree with Buftex about Cadillac Records...very good movie.

I'm really surprised to hear this news...It seems as if I saw her on tv not long ago and she looked great. Very sad :(

RIP, Etta!!

If you like Etta, there was a pretty good movie, a couple of years ago, called "Cadillac Records". It was the story of the Chess brothers (inexplicably morped into one character, played by Adrienne Brody), and the careers of Etta James, Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters, and Chuck Berry. Beyonce played Etta James. Apparently, Etta wasn't thrilled with Beyonce. It wasn't for her performance in the movie (it was a trade up!), but the fact that Beyonce was invited to sing "At Last" at Obama's innaugeral, rather than Etta James herself. It is a good story...and really captured the spirit (even if a little loose with the facts) of the Chess blues artists... Mos Def was most excellent as Chuck Berry.

My favorite Etta James cut:

youtube.com/watch?v=CHF2SI6PYtY&feature=related

I love this song too.

For me its

At last

Id rather go blind

My dearest darling

If I can't have you