Clippers

GOBILLS!!!!!

here in la. the clippers have been so irrelevant for many years.

there are 3 types of persons

die hard la laker fan (hate these)

laker hater (that's what i am) these types are slowly boarding the clipper bandwagon

all other nba team fan (these types are slowly turning to the clipper bandwagon too)

ps. i used to love the lakers. as a little kid and during the kobe/shaq years. now i cant stand them.

Yep. The owner of the Celtics at the time, Ira Levin, wanted to move them to California. The league said no chance. John Y Brown had bought the Braves for like a little over $6 million dollars. But in the agreement he could pay off the amount, in cash, to the former Braves owner Paul Snyder, with money he received from selling off players. So he sold Moses Malone and McAdoo and Jim MacMillan and others, and basically got the team for free. Then nobody went to the games anymore and he had some opt out clause due to attendance.

So the league agreed to the swap of franchises and a bunch of players. Brown took the Celtics and Levin took the Braves and went to San Diego. The Celtics got the Braves two biggest names and best players at the time, Tiny Archibald, who is a Hall of Famer, and Billy Knight, who they got for Adrian Dantley, who only played one year for the Braves I think. The Celts also got Bad News Barnes. The Braves, who became the Clippers, got like four Celtics including Sidney Wicks and some others.

In that respect and because of all of those machinations, I never really considered the Clippers to be the Braves franchise, and still follow them. Different owner, half new starters including the best players, etc.

Thanks!