Marcus Easley

T master

Glad we took a receiver from UConn instead of a top-flight tight end from Florida named Aaron Hernandez. I remember watching the draft and Hernandez was clearly the BPA when the Bills selection came up. They took Easley, Pats took Hernandez and the rest is history. Amazing how Buffalo continually tries to outsmart itself on draft day rather than doing the obvious (and right) thing.

Dude, that is just depressing :wallbash:

Glad we took a receiver from UConn instead of a top-flight tight end from Florida named Aaron Hernandez. I remember watching the draft and Hernandez was clearly the BPA when the Bills selection came up. They took Easley, Pats took Hernandez and the rest is history. Amazing how Buffalo continually tries to outsmart itself on draft day rather than doing the obvious (and right) thing.

Buddy only likes players from the SEC!!! Wait a minute! :oops:

Now didn't both these guys have higher round talent but red flags to drop them? Easley had a short resume and Hernandez had drug history? Just for the sake of the whole story- not saying I disagree. He was on my radar big time there too.

I'm not bashing Easley, I like the guy...But he most definitely dropped a number of very catchable balls...Easley was generally getting most of his playing time in the second half of those games, so perhaps not as many people were watching. Either way, just because a few people didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

His 1 TD catch was a good one though

He "most definitely" did not DROP a NUMBER of VERY CATCHABLE balls.

I'm not bashing Easley, I like the guy...But he most definitely dropped a number of very catchable balls...Easley was generally getting most of his playing time in the second half of those games, so perhaps not as many people were watching. Either way, just because a few people didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

His 1 TD catch was a good one though

I recall the same. He dropped a bunch.

Now didn't both these guys have higher round talent but red flags to drop them? Easley had a short resume and Hernandez had drug history? Just for the sake of the whole story- not saying I disagree. He was on my radar big time there too.

You are correct – those flags are what dropped Hernandez to the 4th round. That said, it's nothing that the Bills' scouts couldn't have figured out with some due diligence. At some point, the risk-reward becomes too great and this was one of those times. Mel Kiper had him at the top of his list for an entire round during the draft. If the Bills had simply followed Mel Kiper's recommendations over the past 5 years, this team would have made the playoffs multiple times. Oh the irony :)