Marcus Easley

T master

Well they say he's all good & he can't wait to get back & start working with his team mates & he feels great .

With respect to Marcus Easley , by not being able to play the first 2 seasons does he get paid less for being on IR ? You would think that the Bills would get some kind of drop in pay or he would have to sign after this contract is up to make up the time lost .

I know it sounds stupid but dam !! You would think after this that there would be a stipulation in the contracts - all of them !! That if they can't play due to a none football related injury that the team should get some form of reimbursement . Don't you think ??

I know life takes some strange turns at times & it had to have been hard on the guy but - come on man !!!! It's had to have been a blessing that he was getting paid ! wasn't he ??

I do hope he can now get all this stuff behind him & prove to be the guy we thought he would be & give us another weapon opposite of Stevie & has some sense of loyalty towards the Bills unlike Peters & Mcgahee :thumbdown: !!

Edited by T master

All of it despite his condition ????

Definitely. It's not guaranteed beyond the signing bonus, but as long as he's on the roster he'll get his full pay.

Worry about your own money, you will have a better karma.

In any event, I have no idea whatsoever why you would concern yourself with RWs bloated wallet, and he is the only one that is paying Mr. Easley.

Whether he can actually come back and play a single down in a single game in his career, is more apropo for you to think about, than if was able to earn some dough despite being injured.

Why stop at taking the guy's money? Why not a swift kick down the hospital steps after his doctor's appointment for ruining our team's chances this year?

Seriously, unless you are Ralph Wilson, why would you be clamouring to prorate a ROOKIE 4th round contract because, oops, the kid has a potentially serious heart condition? Is it your money?

We are scraping the barrell for topics already i see.

I don't care how much money he makes as long as if he gets on the field next year he gets open and catches the football when thrown to him. He did seem to have a case of the dropsies in pre season last year though.

This ^. I was concerned by this as well, he was dropping easy passes, frequently. I do hope he gets better and we can see him on the field though, we need all the help at WR we can get.

As for the contract thing, he signed with the team and therefor is not looking for other work. If he gets injured or sick during that time he still deserves compensation IMO. When players sign bigger contracts there are often sizable incentives to work towards, to get full pay. Obviously in those situations if you get sick or injured you can't hit those incentives, one way teams "protect" themselves from this kind of thing.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

He did seem to have a case of the dropsies in pre season last year though.

This ^. I was concerned by this as well, he was dropping easy passes, frequently. I do hope he gets better and we can see him on the field though, we need all the help at WR we can get.

Uuh...this belies my memory of him.

I do, however, remember a lot of really poorly thrown passes from Thigpen that were behind him, etc. Ones that he tried to make a play on, but didn't make the spectacular adjustment necessary.

The fact that Easley was kept around through 2 IR seasons tells me they think Easley has potential. He certainly looked good in the little pre-season work he got.

PTR

Bills really didn't have much choice once he was injured year 1 he went on the IR. They had 2 options, pay his salary or try to reach an injury settlement with him. A settlement would allow them to cut him. It's possible they tried but Easley rejected the settlement. Then last year same thing repeated itself except he wasn't 'injured'. The only option the Bills would have had was to cut Easley after he recovered from his injury, but why would they do that? You bring him to camp and look him over again...but, his 'heart condition' interrupted that evaluation.

Really little choice on the part of the team.

The fact that Easley was kept around through 2 IR seasons tells me they think Easley has potential. He certainly looked good in the little pre-season work he got.

PTR

Yeah, even with the couple of unfortunate drops he had I thought he was about to be something special before his latest health issues.

I don't care how much money he makes as long as if he gets on the field next year he gets open and catches the football when thrown to him. He did seem to have a case of the dropsies in pre season last year though.

I don't remember that. I remember him looking great in the only extended use he got. Are you thinking of Ruvell Martin, who couldn't catch a cold?

Well they say he's all good & he can't wait to get back & start working with his team mates & he feels great .

With respect to Marcus Easley , by not being able to play the first 2 seasons does he get paid less for being on IR ? You would think that the Bills would get some kind of drop in pay or he would have to sign after this contract is up to make up the time lost .

I know it sounds stupid but dam !! You would think after this that there would be a stipulation in the contracts - all of them !! That if they can't play due to a none football related injury that the team should get some form of reimbursement . Don't you think ??

I know life takes some strange turns at times & it had to have been hard on the guy but - come on man !!!! It's had to have been a blessing that he was getting paid ! wasn't he ??

I do hope he can now get all this stuff behind him & prove to be the guy we thought he would be & give us another weapon opposite of Stevie & has some sense of loyalty towards the Bills unlike Peters & Mcgahee :thumbdown: !!

Glad we took a receiver from UConn instead of a top-flight tight end from Florida named Aaron Hernandez. I remember watching the draft and Hernandez was clearly the BPA when the Bills selection came up. They took Easley, Pats took Hernandez and the rest is history. Amazing how Buffalo continually tries to outsmart itself on draft day rather than doing the obvious (and right) thing.

I don't remember that. I remember him looking great in the only extended use he got. Are you thinking of Ruvell Martin, who couldn't catch a cold?

I'm not bashing Easley, I like the guy...But he most definitely dropped a number of very catchable balls...Easley was generally getting most of his playing time in the second half of those games, so perhaps not as many people were watching. Either way, just because a few people didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

His 1 TD catch was a good one though