American Idol

Clippers of Nfl

Start WHAT all over again? Give all of WHAT up? What isn't as easy as I think? Moving? Do you have any idea how many times I've moved in my life? lol It's okay do things in life that your parents don't sign off on, Lana...especially once you hit your 20s...and 30s...and so on. We've known each other for FIFTEEN YEARS lol.

It has nothing to do with me wanting their permission. Yes, we have known each other for that long but they don't know who you are. How would you react if your daughter said she was moving across the country and living with a guy they have never met??

If I move, I'm giving up my job, house, etc. I would have to start all over from scratch...no job, house...duh. :P

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has nothing to do with me wanting their permission. Yes, we have known each other for that long but they don't know who you are. How would you react if your daughter said she was moving across the country and living with a guy they have never met??

If I move, I'm giving up my job, house, etc. I would have to start all over from scratch...no job, house...duh. :P

:rolleyes:

I forgot all the jobs were in Oregon

If daughter said she was moving across the country and living with a guy they have never met??

My FORTY year old daughter, you mean? lol All the power to her! By a certain age I would have confidence that I raised her to make good, responsible decisions on her own. She'd put her own goals, desires, and interests ahead of mine and she would be self-directed to replicate the bond/family unit example that I had established instead of continuing to remain rooted to it.

Edited by ajzepp

Gee thanks for pointing out my flaws for the whole world to see. I'm through having this discussion on here. I won't be able to show my face on here again.

Had nothing to do with your flaws...you asked me how I would feel if my theoretical daughter was going to do something and I gave you my answer. I don't have a daughter, so wasn't a real life example anyway. Unless you're referring to your age, but you post that in your profile.

Anyway, back to Idol...

Had nothing to do with your flaws...you asked me how I would feel if my theoretical daughter was going to do something and I gave you my answer. I don't have a daughter, so wasn't a real life example anyway. Unless you're referring to your age, but you post that in your profile.

Anyway, back to Idol...

So about Idol... so glad DeAndre is gone. I could not stand his 12 year old screechy girl voice. I was sure the teenage girls that watch would do all they could to keep him around. It's all about Phillip Phillips and Elise!

So about Idol... so glad DeAndre is gone. I could not stand his 12 year old screechy girl voice. I was sure the teenage girls that watch would do all they could to keep him around. It's all about Phillip Phillips and Elise!

I was getting tired of him ALWAYS staying in the fellatio voice. It grates on you after a while. Figures the one week he follows the advice i was sending him through the tv, he gets booted. He actually sang in a more normal range this past week and just had a few touches here and there of the fellatio.

I'm trying to understand the appeal of Phillip Phillip Phillipino Phillips but just not getting there. He sounds like he's constipated and hoping that by making all those faces and grunting noises that his poop will move some.

Elise has grown on me...still like little Jessica...glad He-Joon is out the door...still like Colton...and Joshua is becoming a favorite too.

Anyway, back to Idol...

I just don't appreciate you bringing up these kinds of personal things for every one to see. A true friend would not do that.

I just don't appreciate you bringing up these kinds of personal things for every one to see. A true friend would not do that.

If you don't want to hear my opinion, don't ask me the question.

Do you two have phones or no? New thing, can speak privately. Not that I don't find this entertaining.

Sorry. :blush:

Not at all. As I said, it is quite entertaining. Rabble rouser from back row yells " why don't YOU move to Oregon smart guy?" Proceed as you where.

I have a "Top 5" list of reasons why I wouldn't do that actually ;)

Well I never thought of you as shy. List?

A few of them pertain to things Lana would consider personal, but although I have no desire to stay in Atlanta long term, I would only transfer to places where I can remain with my company. It's one of the largest companies in the country, but there isn't anywhere around where Lana lives that I could transfer. I have great job prospects as an RN, but my current company allows me to be an RN without having to be in a hospital or direct care environment. That's a very valuable thing to me and I don't want to pass it up. Also, if I were to move out West, Beaverton Oregon wouldn't exactly be tops on the list. I'm an east coast kind of guy, so if I ever went West I'd want to live somewhere...other than Oregon. Maybe somewhere in north Cali...I dunno. But no desire to live in or near Portland.

A few of them pertain to things Lana would consider personal, but although I have no desire to stay in Atlanta long term, I would only transfer to places where I can remain with my company. It's one of the largest companies in the country, but there isn't anywhere around where Lana lives that I could transfer. I have great job prospects as an RN, but my current company allows me to be an RN without having to be in a hospital or direct care environment. That's a very valuable thing to me and I don't want to pass it up. Also, if I were to move out West, Beaverton Oregon wouldn't exactly be tops on the list. I'm an east coast kind of guy, so if I ever went West I'd want to live somewhere...other than Oregon. Maybe somewhere in north Cali...I dunno. But no desire to live in or near Portland.

But that sounds weak compared to Lana's I need to be by my Mama.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Don't ever LOL me again. You have no respect for your Mama?

Of course I loved and respected my mama :)

But you moved away? Leaving that poor womans son just a faded photograph?

Shame.

I know it...I was a bad son...I should have stayed up under her asss