Potential New HBO Documentary

ajzepp

I heard about this on my local AM sports talk station here in Atlanta (680 the Fan; Chuck and Chernoff). Apparently Peter Berg is in the process of shooing a documentary on Mike Leach and his coaching adventures. For those who don't know Peter Berg, he is the one who directed "Friday Night Lights", the film (not the TV show). We'll have to keep an eye on this, cause I'm sure a lot of TBD'ers really love shows that get you insider access to football programs. I'm really psyched, and I know one TBD'er who will be watching for sure! :thumbsup:

This one's for you, Senator!

I heard about this on my local AM sports talk station here in Atlanta (680 the Fan; Chuck and Chernoff). Apparently Peter Berg is in the process of shooing a documentary on Mike Leach and his coaching adventures. For those who don't know Peter Berg, he is the one who directed "Friday Night Lights", the film (not the TV show). We'll have to keep an eye on this, cause I'm sure a lot of TBD'ers really love shows that get you insider access to football programs. I'm really psyched, and I know one TBD'er who will be watching for sure! :thumbsup:

Beerball will be interested too!! I believe someone

in his family has Texas Tech ties.

Beerball will be interested too!! I believe someone

in his family has Texas Tech ties.

Very cool! I don't know a lot about Mike Leach, but I can't WAIT to see this. I don't care if its HS, college, Pro, Lingerie, etc...if it's insider football, I want to see it :D

Yes...just when many ill-informed Leach detractors proclaimed he was finished as a coach, like the proverbial Phoenix, he rises from the ashes...

Berg had gotten to know Leach over the years after reaching out to him following a 60 Minutes story and a New York Times Magazine story. Berg brought him in for a Friday Night Lights cameo, and Leach actually came to Hollywood for a month to live with Berg two years ago and observe Hollywood.

"I was just fascinated with him," Berg tells B&C. So Berg sent Brendan and Emmett Malloy -- who shot the Roach series -- to Washington to spend three days with Leach last week. "I thought he would be the my way or highway type," says Brendan Malloy. "He wasn't, but I think he gets interesting when something controversial happens."

The plan for the new series is to have it cover training camp and through the first or second game of the season.

Link -Peter Berg Working on Mike Leach Docu-Series

Cougar fans are in for a fun ride...Miami and Maryland will both rue their mistakes in not hiring 'The Pirate' as he leads Wazzu from the cellar to the top of the PAC 12 and into BCS Championship contention! :pirate:

Very cool! I don't know a lot about Mike Leach, but I can't WAIT to see this. I don't care if its HS, college, Pro, Lingerie, etc...if it's insider football, I want to see it :D

Well then you and BeerSphere will both enjoy the Scott Pelley 60 Minutes interview with Leach from 2009...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34uzkpR9XbA

Edited by The Senator

Expect the shooting to take longer

than usual. If any reference is made to

Craig James and that ordeal it will have

to be removed. He is running for the

Republican Senator from the State of Texas.

If he is mentioned ...his opponent will have

to be mentioned too due to the equal time

rules for TV .

Expect the shooting to take longer

than usual. If any reference is made to

Craig James and that ordeal it will have

to be removed. He is running for the

Republican Senator from the State of Texas.

If he is mentioned ...his opponent will have

to be mentioned too due to the equal time

rules for TV .

:rolleyes:

No offense, but how (and why) in the world did you dream up such an imaginary issue, anyway?

Whatever your motivation, it's quite untrue (and ridiculous) - as you probably know - for (at least) three reasons:

1) Craig James' opponent for the US Senate is not likely to demand equal time (I certainly would not - I would just let any references to Craig James speak for themselves, as they will most certainly be unflattering);

2) Any references to either James (Craig or Adam) would not be in a political context, but in the context of the supposed 'incident' at Texas Tech that led to Leach's controversial dismissal and subsequent lawsuit against James, Texas Tech, ESPN, and Spaeth Communications - events that James brought on himself by falsely accusing Leach and then (mis)using his own position as college football analyst on a national TV network to bring down a respected and successful coach that simply refused to give James' lazy and untalented kid some playing time;

3) As the article stated, the documentary would cover training camp thru the 'first few games of the season' - therefore, it will likely not even be completed, edited, released, and aired by election day - which is Nov. 6, 2012.

At any rate, I'm sure the filming will proceed at a normal pace, with no issues at all regarding 'equal time', and I imagine the documentary will make passing references to the program-wrecking James family as necessary to tell the story of the only person of real interest in the entire project and sole reason for its undertaking, namely...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J3hTtgChWY

BTW - does anyone know what really happened with Craig James and those 5 hookers he killed at SMU?

(Link - The truth about Craig James and those hookers)

Edited by The Senator