who is the best 4-3 DE in this draft?

If you get a guy like Honey Badger in the defensive backfield it would allow you flexibility up front.

He isn't eliglable for this draft....

Upshaw would be my choice for the 34 OLB position; not my choice for the 43 at DE or OLB. I'm not sure I'd take anyone in this year's draft at #10 for the 43 OLB or DE.

My point....this isn't a strong pass rush draft...might be some diamonds in the rough ...but upfront the talent looks thin...and if Coples is gone that's it....then you end up with undersized de's

There are several 3-4 DE/OLB types....... only guys I see that fit that defense are Coples and Mercilus .....

The guy that strikes me as the ideal 4-3 fit is Melvin Ingram from South Carolina. He's got great size at 6'3", 272 lbs, and is an incredible athlete. For a guy that's only spent parts of 2 seasons at DE, he flashes very solid pass rush ability. He reminds me of Jason Pierre-Paul in his skill set and college experience.

He isn't eliglable for this draft....

Please ignore Crayonz, it's the only hope we have that he'll stop his see-if-I-can-get-others-to-argue-my-nonsensical-blather posting.

There are several 3-4 DE/OLB types....... only guys I see that fit that defense are Coples and Mercilus .....

Coples is supposed to be the best but I don't see it. Mercilus looked pretty good but the one year wonder is a concern. Melvin Ingram is good too but not dominant the best end I saw this year was Cordarro Law of Southern Miss but he has had consistancy issues. So I would go DE and OLB after the first round.

If you get a guy like Honey Badger in the defensive backfield it would allow you flexibility up front.

Yeah, he had a great National Championship game; and as it has been said, he is a true sophomore, not eligible.

Edited by CSBill

Oh god not again. This is starting to sound like Orakpo vs Maybin again accept everyone wanted Orakpo a few years ago. I am no college expert at all but what I have seen of Coples he gets to the QB and got double teamed every play with nobody else getting near the QB. He is a big big dude and supposedly, is projected to run 4.7 in the 40.

Again I am no expert but he seems like an athletic kind of guy with freak size who CAN ALSO STOP THE RUN. Remember we suck at that just a little bit less than we do rushing the passer. I would be just fine with the guy.

Everything changes after the combine so I am very interested to see what kind of measureables this guy has!

Edited by PDaDdy

Are you sure we're going to a 4-3? Sure, Wannstadt's promotion would seem to indicate that we're going in that direction, but that subject seems to be the great mystery at OBD.

I'd bet both of my nutz on it. Wanny don't know spit about a 3-4. His only history is of running 4-3 schemes. And, if they were going to stay with a 3-4, why wouldn't they bring in a DC familiar with the 3-4?

Edited by Dr. Trooth

Coples is the best 4-3 DE, and can be used as a 3-4 DE with very little falloff. We have him hereat #11.

Devon Still is a great 4-3 DT, and drops to RD3 as a DE 3-4. We have him at #7 as a 4-3 DT, but dropping 59 slots if he's a 3-4 DE.

Mercilus is now at #17 as a 4-3 DE, and only drops 10 slots if he's a OLB34.