Rishard Matthews, WR Nevada

#34fan

So he's not that big at 6'1 221. I tend to overlook physical limitaions when a player shows an ability to play beyond them. I first noticed this kid last year during all the Kaepernick hoop-la (some of which I instigated) I wasn't just impressed with Matthew's ability to get open and make catches. He does both very well. I was most impressed with the TYPE of catches this guy brings down. Kaepernick has a line-drive throw similar to Fitz's. At the time, they had velocity, but weren't always accurate. Matthews really hung on to some wild ones from Kaepernick. This year he has 91 catches for 1364 yards. There's no doubt in my mind that he can produce at the pro level. He works very hard but he's not on a lot of team's radars. IMO he's a steal in rounds 4-5.

How about his ability to get off the line of scrimmage and get open?

Not that big of an issue from what I've seen. Chris Ault's pistol offense is really designed to facilitate the run anyway. Matthews may require some coaching-up, but I think he catches balls in traffic with the best of them. This is a work-horse reciver. I wouldn't hesitate to take a chance on him in rd 4 or 5.

So he's not that big at 6'1 221. I tend to overlook physical limitaions when a player shows an ability to play beyond them. I first noticed this kid last year during all the Kaepernick hoop-la (some of which I instigated) I wasn't just impressed with Matthew's ability to get open and make catches. He does both very well. I was most impressed with the TYPE of catches this guy brings down. Kaepernick has a line-drive throw similar to Fitz's. At the time, they had velocity, but weren't always accurate. Matthews really hung on to some wild ones from Kaepernick. This year he has 91 catches for 1364 yards. There's no doubt in my mind that he can produce at the pro level. He works very hard but he's not on a lot of team's radars. IMO he's a steal in rounds 4-5.

Is he a runner? We need more runners.

Is he a runner? We need more runners.

I'm assuming you're referring to yards after catch. From what I've seen, that's not a strong point of his game. Like the title of this thread implies, he's more like a reliabe pair of hands. -Who knows what could happen with a little coaching, though.

I'm assuming you're referring to yards after catch. From what I've seen, that's not a strong point of his game. Like the title of this thread implies, he's more like a reliabe pair of hands. -Who knows what could happen with a little coaching, though.

No. He's referring to Ralph Wilson's latest comments about needing "more runners."

Ralph shouldn't be interviewed anymore though… nor quoted.

6' 1" 221 is pretty big unless you ment 212. He is not exceptionally tall but He would be pretty close to an H back. If he can carry another 10 lbs he could be a Hernandez style H back.