Pioli Paranoia=Pats?

I'm surprised no one posted about this article http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-chiefs-employees-live-environment-secrecy-intimidation-fear-175257336.html

I am wondering if this is something Pioli picked up from Belichick? This kind of paranoia sounds just like BB!

It sounds more like parcells, and pioli is parcells' son in law.

The Belichek tree....

Someone I know who knows people involved with the building of Gillette Stadium told me that BB had a hand in designing the stadium, insisting, for example that the visitor locker room was a good 4-5 minute walk from the field. Why? So that the opposing team would spend most of halftime walking instead of resting or working on adjustments. F'n brilliant.

God knows what else?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The Belichek tree....

Someone I know who knows people involved with the building of Gillette Stadium told me that BB had a hand in designing the stadium, insisting, for example that the visitor locker room was a good 4-5 minute walk from the field. Why? So that the opposing team would spend most of halftime walking instead of resting or working on adjustments. F'n brilliant.

God knows what else?

PTR

Most of these guys head to the locker room a brisk jog at halftime--let's say 6 mph. After 5 minutes at that pace, they will have travelled a half mile. Even a brisk walk (4mph) would put them almost 600 yards away. That would put their locker room somewhere near the movie theater on the other side of the parking lot.

I think you just made that up.

Most of these guys head to the locker room a brisk jog at halftime--let's say 6 mph. After 5 minutes at that pace, they will have travelled a half mile. Even a brisk walk (4mph) would put them almost 600 yards away. That would put their locker room somewhere near the movie theater on the other side of the parking lot.

pwned

pwned

Hardly. Even if it's just two minutes away it's still less time for the opponent to prepare. The Pats locker rooms are accessible directly from their sideline so it's like 10 seconds to their lockers. Opposing teams have to go to the end zone tunnel and walk to mid-stadium.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The Belichek tree....

God knows what else?

PTR

Visting coaches booth not on the sidelines (sold for suite $$$) but in a upper corner. No elevator and they have to walk thru/with the fans to get there. How long do you think it talks to get to the looker room at half time?Also you might see at a Bills game the nice shelter on the field for the "picture of the play crew". The shelter provided by the Pats for visiting teams have been described to me as "ice huts", cheap. The Pats/Gillette Stadium do alot of ticky tacky petty things to get an edge on the visiting team.

This is true.

Hardly. Even if it's just two minutes away it's still less time for the opponent to prepare. The Pats locker rooms are accessible directly from their sideline so it's like 10 seconds to their lockers. Opposing teams have to go to the end zone tunnel and walk to mid-stadium.

PTR

Do you think the visiting locker room in most stadiums is less than 2 minutes from the field??

I would bet the Bills have at least a 2 minute trip to their own locker room from the field.

Your story is suspect.

PTR

I don't doubt that BB did this. It just sounds rediculous on his part given that it would take the players almost no time to reach the locker room since they are jogging.

Do you think the visiting locker room in most stadiums is less than 2 minutes from the field??

I would bet the Bills have at least a 2 minute trip to their own locker room from the field.

Your story is suspect.

I don't find his story suspect at all. We are talking about people who in all likelihood have a mental illness that makes them paranoid or overly obsessive with meaningless details. For example, Nixon was very far ahead in the polls when he bugged the DNC headquarters. There was no reason for him to do that. He just HAD to do it because of his paranoia. Same thing with BB. It makes no sense to sane people, but he is not sane.

Edited by RyanC883