What It's Like To Be A Bills Fan

Sniper

As a lot of you know, The Bills came calling for me, and Buddy Nixon has been down.

Buddy Nixon is back with an AWESOME piece about someone's real life Bills story.

It's really heart felt, and worth being passed around. Check it out. It's a nice read to supplement all this signing and draft hoopla.

And without warning, we’re back. We apologize about the unannounced sabbatical, by thing got a little hectic for the editors of this site simultaneously. More on that later, but for now, an impassioned memoir of fanhood that wound up in our inbox, we couldn’t help but share it. Take it away, Carolyn.

A True Bills Story

More pictures with the starts to be added shortly.

It was a nice story and there are literally hundreds or thousands like the authors. The common thread to me is that most Bills fans have some connection to WNY - either they live there now, grew up there, had a close relative who lived there, etc. I've lived from WNY to Tampa and with stops all along the east coast in the last thirty years and when ever I see someone wearing Bills stuff there are without fail, from WNY. That's the connection amongst Bills fans in my opinion and I think it has something to do with the chip on our shoulders that we get from outsiders making fun of our home town.

I live in Virginia now and I know many Steelers fans who have no connection to Pittsburgh other than they love the uniforms or something silly like that. I know many Raiders fans who've never been west of Richmond, many Dallas fans who couldn't pick Dallas out on a map - but for Bills fans it's all about home or some very close connection to home....that's what I think.

It's a good story. But a 305 pound obese guy like myself wouldn't be getting Stevie's personal watches. Just sayin.

Hell, I only get to go to games when the play in northern California.

Edited by Kevin

It's a good story. But a 305 pound obese guy like myself wouldn't be getting Stevie's personal watches. Just sayin.

Hell, I only get to go to games when the play in northern California.

Ha,

You never know man.

But I bet you have a good story anyways.

There is just an undeniable special connection that Buffalo fans have for the region. I haven't lived in Buffalo since I was 8, but every time I go back it feels like I've returned home. I took my son on his first trip to Buffalo this past fall. The little guy is now 8 himself and I felt there was something fitting about making the pilgrimage when he was the same age that I was when I left He is a big Bills fan, some of his love for the team I'm sure is searching for approval from me, but these days he's more of an optimist about the team than I am. He loved our time in Buffalo. Insisting that it is now his goal to one day wrestle for UB. Whether that happens one day or not I am glad to share a love of Buffalo with my son. The Bills might not win a lot of games these days, but anyone would be hard-pressed to find a team that means more to its fans.

Edited by Dr. Fong

It was a nice story and there are literally hundreds or thousands like the authors. The common thread to me is that most Bills fans have some connection to WNY - either they live there now, grew up there, had a close relative who lived there, etc. I've lived from WNY to Tampa and with stops all along the east coast in the last thirty years and when ever I see someone wearing Bills stuff there are without fail, from WNY. That's the connection amongst Bills fans in my opinion and I think it has something to do with the chip on our shoulders that we get from outsiders making fun of our home town.

I live in Virginia now and I know many Steelers fans who have no connection to Pittsburgh other than they love the uniforms or something silly like that. I know many Raiders fans who've never been west of Richmond, many Dallas fans who couldn't pick Dallas out on a map - but for Bills fans it's all about home or some very close connection to home....that's what I think.

That is pretty much why i will always be a Bills fan , That is home !! Grew up watching & loving to watch the Bills win or lose it was our team !!

It's just to bad we couldn't get more politicians from the area in state gov't that truly cared about the state like the home town folks do , ah but that's for another blog !!! So for now --- GO BILLS THE ONLY TRUE NY TEAM :thumbsup: !! keep rockin WNY !!

There is just an undeniable special connection that Buffalo fans have for the region. I haven't lived in Buffalo since I was 8, but every time I go back it feels like I've returned home. I took my son on his first trip to Buffalo this past fall. The little guy is now 8 himself and I felt there was something fitting about making the pilgrimage when he was the same age that I was when I left He is a big Bills fan, some of his love for the team I'm sure is searching for approval from me, but these days he's more of an optimist about the team than I am. He loved our time in Buffalo. Insisting that it is now his goal to one day wrestle for UB. Whether that happens one day or not I am glad to share a love of Buffalo with my son. The Bills might not win a lot of games these days, but anyone would be hard-pressed to find a team that means more to its fans.

Well said Dr. Fong.

It's just something about this area that we will NEVER be able to leave behind.

Where as other cities, people just root for "because" they can.

I don't live in WNY anymore, but normally go to one game in Buffalo a year (closest game to Christmas)...I have been about 200 games (a little more) and, I have to say, despite the miserable finish to this season, being at the Broncos game on Christmas Eve just felt great...no place like the Ralph when the Bills win!

I don't live in WNY anymore, but normally go to one game in Buffalo a year (closest game to Christmas)...I have been about 200 games (a little more) and, I have to say, despite the miserable finish to this season, being at the Broncos game on Christmas Eve just felt great...no place like the Ralph when the Bills win!

It's funny how that works right?

That was the only game in three years that I have missed, and I still was happy as ever, and felt like I was there.

That is pretty much why i will always be a Bills fan , That is home !! Grew up watching & loving to watch the Bills win or lose it was our team !!

It's just to bad we couldn't get more politicians from the area in state gov't that truly cared about the state like the home town folks do , ah but that's for another blog !!! So for now --- GO BILLS THE ONLY TRUE NY TEAM :thumbsup: !! keep rockin WNY !!

We have some NY support now. This 100 million is huge!

Hell Yes!!!!

Other fans can say they are unique in their support of their teams but Bills fans (and maybe Steeler, Raider , and Packer fans) no one seems as loyal week after week, year after year.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by The Poojer

I can't be the only person that thinks the sexiest thing in the world is a girl in a Bills jersey! :blush:

Nope...you aren't

+1

It continues to be a must on my find a girl search! Haha.

Man I don't know about this fetish.

A girl in a Bills uni has never been a turn-on for me and even more than that… think of the implications guys!