The Brady Punt

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did it to put the punt on film.

Sometime in the next two games if the Pats are up by 4-8 points and are faced with a 3rd and long in their own end with less than 2 minutes left in the game, the defense will have to make a choice.

The defense can cheat a safety back to try to return the possible kick giving his offense a chance to win the game. If the defense does have the safety line up deeper than usual, Brady will throw to one of his tight ends underneath the safety for a 1st down, and the pats would then run out the clock with the new set of downs.

Or Brady will kick the ball and put the other team in poor field position, maybe even create a turnover when some stone hands defender tries to pick up the ball.

Only the Patriots could make a punt look arrogant.

Could be a stretch, but the fact that Elway punted in a game against N.E., in which Denver won, might have something to do with it. I don't think it does. But it's good trivia.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198712060den.htm

If Bill Belichek called that punt to avenge an action from 24+ years ago, then he is not just a douche, but a psychopathic douche.

In other words, you are probably right. :lol:

stupidity. Hey Flutie had a drop kick why not cinderfella brady.

I was suprised that they didn't run up the score some more.

I was not suprised that cinderfella was still playing in the 4th qtr.

JUST RUN THE DAMN BALL to run out the clock. There was no reason to punt on 3rd down.