So what do people think of Alex Smith?

Rubes

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People can dismiss Alex Smith all they want.

But all season long, when he's had to make throws, he's made them.

And I'm talking about pressure situations, tight windows, downfield.

He's stood in and delivered at critical moments.

Coaching only goes so far.

There seems to be the implication that if Fitz was on San Francisco that he'd do a better job than Smith.

I love Fitz but I'm not buying this.

Sometimes he's made them. Sometimes his throws are all over the place. He has a better arm than Fitz no question. Fitz has a better head.

I think in the same situation (dominant D that can be counted on to recover from any mistakes) Fitz would do a better job than Smith, provided his head didn't sucker the coaches into trying to make him a pass-first QB. So we can agree to disagree, it's all good.

Sometimes he's made them. Sometimes his throws are all over the place. He has a better arm than Fitz no question. Fitz has a better head.

I think in the same situation (dominant D that can be counted on to recover from any mistakes) Fitz would do a better job than Smith, provided his head didn't sucker the coaches into trying to make him a pass-first QB. So we can agree to disagree, it's all good.

Well, as quoted in the article from BB.com this morning, Gailey is a pass-first coach regardless of who he has at QB.