Donte Whitner - SUCKED TODAY

major

The only people that think Whitner is so horrible are Bills fans. He was doomed from the start in Buffalo when he was taken 8th overall, when the fans wanted Ngata. Fans blamed him and he could never do right so hes another player run out of town thought to be a horrible player. The remainder of the NFL seems to view him differently.......

Really did the remainder of the NFL send him to a pro bowl or an all-nfl team?

It does seems the remainder of the NFL thinks . . . "Who is Donte Whitner?"

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want to bet?

A helmet to helmet hit is when a player uses his helmet to strike an opposing player in the helmet. Due to the severe nature of the injuries that can occur as a result of this type of hit, helmet to helmet hits are penalties in the NFL, whether incidental or deliberate. Defensively, helmet to helmet penalties are usually flagged during the process of making a tackle. However, the penalty can also be enforced on an offensive player making a block or a defensive player making a block after a turnover

All to defenseless players. And a forearm is the same penalty. Truly the rule is you can't hit defenseless players in the head.

Helmet to helmet contact occurs 100% of plays including dozens of tackles to ball carriers every game. The NFL did fans a huge disservice coining that phrase.

Edited by NoSaint

All to defenseless players. And a forearm is the same penalty. Truly the rule is you can't hit defenseless players in the head.

Helmet to helmet contact occurs 100% of plays including dozens of tackles to ball carriers every game. The NFL did fans a huge disservice coining that phrase.

Not true (all to defenseless players)

I totally disagree with the rule unless officials want to start flagging offensive players for leading with the head. (unfair to the defense)The game is way to fast and there is no way for a DB to predict what the receiver is going to do with his head.

As far as defensless receiver goes, If a defender launches himself and hits a receiver before he gets both feet on the ground and is prepared to take the hit,(defenseless) you will in most cases get flagged.(doesn't have to be helmet to helmet)

Edited by Fig Newton

Not true (all to defenseless players)

I totally disagree with the rule unless officials want to start flagging offensive players for leading with the head. (unfair to the defense)The game is way to fast and there is no way for a DB to predict what the receiver is going to do with his head.

As far as defensless receiver goes, If a defender launches himself and hits a receiver before he gets both feet on the ground and is prepared to take the hit,(defenseless) you will in most cases get flagged.(doesn't have to be helmet to helmet)

The other blocks and hits mentioned are away from the ball when a player is defenseless. Was it Warren sapp that leveled the lineman on a block? It's a protected player still, not every player all the time as most think the rule is.

The other blocks and hits mentioned are away from the ball when a player is defenseless. Was it Warren sapp that leveled the lineman on a block? It's a protected player still, not every player all the time as most think the rule is.

All players are not defenseless, you are looking for ways to make yourself right when you are not,helmet to helmet and defenseless receiver are two different rules.

Give it up...

Edited by Fig Newton

Same one Jason Peters was sent to, and the Same one no Bill is going to this season................

So... Whitner won 2nd prize in a beauty contest? Does he get to collect ten dollars?

George Wilson and Jairus Byrd were both more deserving of the Pro Bowl, but they played in front of one linebacker instead of the four that Donte got to sit behind.

Pro Bowls and team wins did not make Donte a better player. His SF stint has revealed his positives and his negatives, and the sum of those is a slightly above average player who almost cost his team the game in the playoffs.

All players are not defenseless, you are looking for ways to make yourself right when you are not,helmet to helmet and defenseless receiver are two different rules.

Give it up...

I know they are not the same. I know few players are defenseless. My argument is that unless your leading with the crown, helmet to helmet hits happen all the time, and are not a penalty. Even mike pereira called it a clean hit. Very few people realize that helmets hit each other all the time legally. That's why I said coining the phrase helmet to helmet did the average fan a huge disservice, as they don't understand the near unlimited ways helmets can hit legally.

This was a clean hit and your average fan yelling helmet to helmet doesn't understand why, because they think there's a rule against helmet to helmet contact. There's not. There are situational instances, such as the 8 defenseless players that cannot have the contact- not a blanket rule banning it at all times like MANY have argued.

Edited by NoSaint

So... Whitner won 2nd prize in a beauty contest? Does he get to collect ten dollars?

George Wilson and Jairus Byrd were both more deserving of the Pro Bowl, but they played in front of one linebacker instead of the four that Donte got to sit behind.

Pro Bowls and team wins did not make Donte a better player. His SF stint has revealed his positives and his negatives, and the sum of those is a slightly above average player who almost cost his team the game in the playoffs.

He's collecting more then his former teammates Byrd and Wilson will be..........

Funny, when its a Bills player making the Pro Bowl, its about how great they are (Peters). When they miss out, or a former despised player makes it, its all about how its a popularity contest and insignificant.

The only people around the league that view Whitner as an incompetent Bust are Bills fans who still can't get over the fact that they didn't get their precious Ngata and Whitner was taken instead. During the First half, the announcers were talking about how the best player on defence in the game had been Whitner, in Buffalo posts go up about how his play sucked and the fans would run him out of town had they lost. Funny how the Bills fans always seem to be the better judge of a players ability/play then the rest of the NFL.......

You are a microcosm of the city of Buffalo and the Buffalo Bills. Get a life man

How can you possibly disagree with what runthedamnball said ???

Edited by McKinleys Curse

He's collecting more then his former teammates Byrd and Wilson will be..........

Funny, when its a Bills player making the Pro Bowl, its about how great they are (Peters). When they miss out, or a former despised player makes it, its all about how its a popularity contest and insignificant.

The only people around the league that view Whitner as an incompetent Bust are Bills fans who still can't get over the fact that they didn't get their precious Ngata and Whitner was taken instead. During the First half, the announcers were talking about how the best player on defence in the game had been Whitner, in Buffalo posts go up about how his play sucked and the fans would run him out of town had they lost. Funny how the Bills fans always seem to be the better judge of a players ability/play then the rest of the NFL.......

Funny how I didn't say he sucked, that he is average, that he's a good hitter but terrible playing a big receiver. Funny how every time the criteria are rendered invalid (Donte himself does not = his winning team), the goalposts are moved (well he makes more money - funny bc the bills gave him a market value offer that he turned down!). The smart person would be happy the bills are getting better value and performance at safety, but what do I know?

As far as being a microcosm of buffalo, that's truly funny, thanks to Dr. Freud for the expert analysis there. I see the post was deleted, which might have something to do with the dearth of value in lieu of a potshot. If asking for the bills to do better than average with top picks, and to keep their successful players is some kind of big reveal, consider me guilty as charged. Whitner is an ok player put into a pressure situation that was unfair to him. That's fine and well acknowledged. OTOH the Bills made him richer than he deserved to be and the least he could do is keep his mouth shut instead of yammering about being wronged here. He had his chance and was even asked to stay. The bigger man relishes his new situation without blasting his old employer, and that's the crux of my issue with DW, not his draft position. So unless you're willing to acknowledge what I'm actualy saying instead of lumping me in with a group of posters, feel free to ignore and carry on with the meaninglessness.

And im sure you never pass judgement. The guy is a loser as a person and a joke of a football player.

LOL at stupid comments like this...what exactly makes him a loser as a person? Because you didnt like his tweets? I mean come on, pretty absurd statement about a guy who gives so much to charity. Joke of a football player? Really? Cuz last I checked he was the starting safety for the team playing in the NFC championship and an alternate for the Pro Bowl. You may still have sand in your Vagina for DJ taking him over Ngata, but that doesnt make him a loser and a joke of a football player.

These lame as threads and lame ass comments are a big part of the loser mentality and loser culture known as the Buffalo Bills.

LOL at stupid comments like this...what exactly makes him a loser as a person? Because you didnt like his tweets? I mean come on, pretty absurd statement about a guy who gives so much to charity. Joke of a football player? Really? Cuz last I checked he was the starting safety for the team playing in the NFC championship and an alternate for the Pro Bowl. You may still have sand in your Vagina for DJ taking him over Ngata, but that doesnt make him a loser and a joke of a football player.

These lame as threads and lame ass comments are a big part of the loser mentality and loser culture known as the Buffalo Bills.

why don't you find a new team then asswipe,

and stop spreading your BS here...