Eric Wood update

Beerball

Good to hear.

As much as I love his play I am concerned about these two major injuries he's sustained in a short span of time.

Let's hope he can endure and be with the Bills for a long time.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

The 2009 injury was a freak accident. Anyones leg would have shattered standing where Wood was standing.

The 2011 was more worrisome.

Maybe he can put it behind him. Only time will tell.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

The 2009 injury was a freak accident. Anyones leg would have shattered standing where Wood was standing.

The 2011 was more worrisome.

Maybe he can put it behind him. Only time will tell.

We really need this kid and we need more players like him.

I hope he can come back. Many thought he was having a Pro Bowl year until the injury.

He's going to feel terrific when he's 60.

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading the article.

hard to tell from the photo, but do all the OL wear knee braces as standard equipment?

this article says it is mandatory for training camp

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/07/29/knee-braces-mandatory-for-o-line/

I think that knee braces are mandatory on the Bills for training camp and if I'm not mistaken, practices during the week. It's a policy that Gailey brought.

Wood is a great player, but it seems that he is 1 injury away from being a total waste of a 1st round draft pick. I am not saying he is but the net result at the end of season is no different than a 1st rounder that rides the bench all season. The nature of how he tore his knee is not a good sign. It appears that his bone and ligament structure is suspect for the rigors of the NFL.

hard to tell from the photo, but do all the OL wear knee braces as standard equipment?

this article says it is mandatory for training camp

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/07/29/knee-braces-mandatory-for-o-line/

Most college teams make their guys wear them. I think its a good idea for the NFL too. They arent too restrictive and there is >1% chance Wood tears his ACL wearing one.

Wood is a great player, but it seems that he is 1 injury away from being a total waste of a 1st round draft pick. I am not saying he is but the net result at the end of season is no different than a 1st rounder that rides the bench all season. The nature of how he tore his knee is not a good sign. It appears that his bone and ligament structure is suspect for the rigors of the NFL.

He needs to shake the "balsa" label.