Brandon Lloyd as a possible fit?

billrooter

I've seen alot of guy's mentioned here but haven't seen anyone mention Brandon Lloyd, i in fact like some of the other guy's more, but he's an interesting guy. He's not a big receiver but is really athletic and in my opinion what i have seen of him can make plays. He is 30 and also just had a down year and perhaps could be had for a better price than alot of the big names, I would love to see the likes of Colston come here but a guy like him is almost a guarantee to be signed to a big contract and out of Bufalos' price range (though i hope it's just a thing of the past).

I know Lloyd can still play, but how about somebody a little younger? I think that if we do that we can draft somebody that doesn't need to develop into a starter quite so soon.

I agree just find it strange with all the names mentioned in free agency his hasn't popped up on here yet, you'd still think that he'd have 3-4 years of productive football left, and coming off a down year might be cheaper than the big names but could possiby put up a nice year like 2010.

I've been thinking amd have mentioned him once or twice since his trade to the Rams. I'd like him more than anyone in FA with the exception of Colston, Or Bowe. I'd rate him a little under Vincent Jackson except VJs off field issues and previous unhappiness about previous contracts and holdouts I lower him a bit. Lloyd is actually the perfect fit for us as far as his game is concerned.

I agree just find it strange with all the names mentioned in free agency his hasn't popped up on here yet, you'd still think that he'd have 3-4 years of productive football left, and coming off a down year might be cheaper than the big names but could possiby put up a nice year like 2010.

He was discussed at length when he was up for the trade. The verdict I recall is that though he's talented, he's never won anywhere which was a red flag, coupled with attitude issues.

He was discussed at length when he was up for the trade. The verdict I recall is that though he's talented, he's never won anywhere which was a red flag, coupled with attitude issues.

Yeah i recall he was talked about when he was up for the trade, i was talking recent threads on free agent receivers i haven't seen him mentioned in those. The having not won, wherever he has been to me is a crap shoot, good players get stuck on ****ty teams obviously, we've had that here. The attitude issues would be a concern, just figured he might be an option and cheaper than alot of the other big names.

He was very productive after he got to St. Louis. I'd stay there if I were him. Great young QB. Good coach.

Mcdaniels is in NE now.

Yeah i recall he was talked about when he was up for the trade, i was talking recent threads on free agent receivers i haven't seen him mentioned in those. The having not won, wherever he has been to me is a crap shoot, good players get stuck on ****ty teams obviously, we've had that here. The attitude issues would be a concern, just figured he might be an option and cheaper than alot of the other big names.

My point was he's not discussed now because like 2 months ago a lot of people ended on the side of not wanting him.

And yea good players land on bad teams, but point was cancers and distractions keep bad teams bad - looking at the resume, I suspect he's one of those guys for many teams he's been on.

I'm 100% on board with this.

I've mentioned his name whenever free agent WRs is brought up.

He'd also be someone opposing teams would have to plan for and apply extra resources too opening things up for the other guys whoever they turn out to be.

ReallY?

This guy has been in the league for 10 years and has already been on 5 teams (likely to be 6) and he has has one decent season. He has rarely completed a season, he was dumped from the Skins for a bad attitude. He has been let go by some bad teams. He has caught more than 50 passes once in 10 years!

Why on earth would we pick up this guy at the end of his mediocre career?

hes gonna be a patriot next year. lets be real. josh mcdaniles loves him some brandon lloyd in weird way. ocho out insert lloyd. take it to the bank. DONE

Lloyd flat out said after the season he will go wherever McDaniels goes, that he knows how to best use Lloyd's talents. He'll look pretty good with Brady throwing him the ball, a 4th option with all their other weapons.