First Day of Winter in WNY - January 13th

bbb

56 degrees where I am... it was about 40 this morning...you would have thought it was 10 degrees by the way people were acting... :rolleyes: Texans are not as hearty as they think they are!

I don't think I really have to shovel. I'm going to try to go a whole winter without touching a shovel!

56 degrees where I am... it was about 40 this morning...you would have thought it was 10 degrees by the way people were acting... :rolleyes: Texans are not as hearty as they think they are!

i gotta tell ya, I have now lived either in DC or Richmond sinse 86...and as much as i hate to admit it, am soft as marshmellow when it comes to temperature now. In Raleigh this weekend, yesterday was 45 with wind....and just like a little biotch I was cold and putting on coats and such.. :thumbdown:

Edited by plenzmd1

Currently -10 in Anchorage 90 inch snow this winter. Buffalo seems like the tropics to me.

People not from Buffalo / WNY really don't understand that the winters are not bitter cold. I guess that's also why they also call overgrown ponds "lakes."

i gotta tell ya, I have now lived either in DC or Richmond sinse 86...and as much as i hate to admit it, am soft as marshmellow when it comes to temperature now. In Raleigh this weekend, yesterday was 45 with wind....and just like a little biotch I was cold and putting on coats and such.. :thumbdown:

But, I live in WNY and go through the same thing every winter (except for this aberration). In the fall, it's holy crap, I can't take this 45 degrees, no way will I last the winter!........A few months later, I'm taking my long walks in 5 degree temps without a problem!.........The body and mind adapt!