Does Freddy deserve some credit

DocLawless

Ive been wondering if it is possible that Spillers big season of some explosive runs has something to do with learning from Fred and watching the way he hits holes, has the patience to let the plays develop a little longer, and maybe just overall preparation for games. Obviously he is talented and lightning fast anyways, but didn't know if maybe Fred has something to do with the breakout season. Any thoughts?

Breakout season? The guy had like two good games. -Please. Let him put on some weight, and learn to run between the tackles. Then, and only then, will Spiller get my respect.

More foolishness.

Edited by bouds

Breakout season? The guy had like two good games. -Please. Let him put on some weight, and learn to run between the tackles. Then, and only then, will Spiller get my respect.

Right, because he can't live without your respect.

You must have been in the blackout zone. You obviously havent watched him play. Does YPC mean anything to you?

I don't know but I'm getting nervous that the Bills don't have much of an interest in signing FJ.

They keep saying "well after he passes all of the physicals in the summer maybe, we'll see". By then he may just prefer to ride it out and play the market...

As nice as Spiller looked at the end of last season, FJ was the best back in the NFL when healthy. Spiller has more speed, but FJ can break tackles, carry players down field, and run inside effectively where Spiller can't.

I think the Bills O would be scary with both, but they NEED FJ IMO...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I don't know but I'm getting nervous that the Bills don't have much of an interest in signing FJ.

They keep saying "well after he passes all of the physicals in the summer maybe, we'll see". By then he may just prefer to ride it out and play the market...

As nice as Spiller looked at the end of last season, FJ was the best back in the NFL when healthy. Spiller has more speed, but FJ can break tackles, carry players down field, and run inside effectively where Spiller can't.

I thought that Spiller had tremendous improvement when it came to rushing inside this season. His best plays come when he can run up the gut and make a cut to get outside. Surprisingly I can't recall him outrunning anyone to the sidelines, which was supposed to be his only talent.

That quote from Buddy's presser "well after he passes all of the physicals in the summer maybe, we'll see" was about Shawn Merrimen.

This part may have been about Roscoe but I don't remember hearing it really at all. Do you have links for these?

"By then he may just prefer to ride it out and play the market..."

If you don't you didn't listen well to what he said which was ....

"Does anybody in here know how long Fred Jackson’s contract is? You do, John? He’s a Bill for 14 months, a year from March 13th. Now, Fred and I have talked. We want to extend Fred. I’d like for Fred to finish his career as a Bill. He’s meant a lot to us. I’ve got great respect for him. I tell him that. We’re going to try to get something done. Does it matter if we do it or if we do it next week or a month from now? As long as we get it done before the season starts it’s all the same, really, seems to me. And it’s not like he’s going to get hurt playing now. But we do want Fred back and we do intend to try to workout a deal with him. I’ve told him that and I’m going to tell him again this week before I leave here. And just to re-assure him that what we said is what we’re going to do."

From transcript on BB's website.

And CJ deserves credit for learning and understanding the NFL game better, but I thought he looked good all season long, Fred was the man the first 10 games it is hard to get them both in there and producing, I hope Chan figure's it out next season and we run the ball more.

Edited by bowery4

That quote from Buddy's presser "well after he passes all of the physicals in the summer maybe, we'll see" was about Shawn Merrimen.

This part may have been about Roscoe but I don't remember hearing it really at all. Do you have links for these?

"By then he may just prefer to ride it out and play the market..."

If you don't you didn't listen well to what he said which was ....

From transcript on BB's website.

And CJ deserves credit for learning and understanding the NFL game better, but I thought he looked good all season long, Fred was the man the first 10 games it is hard to get them both in there and producing, I hope Chan figure's it out next season and we run the ball more.

You are right, I mistakenly took the comment about Merriman to be referencing the talks with Jackson. Thank's for the correction. With that out of the way it does look like Nix is sincerely trying to extend his deal.

I agree that CJ looked good, and certainly made a huge improvement in play as the season went on. FJ or no FJ. The ideal situation would obviously be to have both of them, they both have their strengths. I just don't think you can abandon the power part of the run game, which FJ can provide.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Frig what does a guy have to do to earn your respect :huh: ? He only had a average of like 5.2 YPC every time he touched the ball !! Both him & Fred were at the top of league in YPC this year what in your book i take it that's not good enough , from what it sounds like the only way he'll earn your respect is if he runs for 8 YPC every time he touches the ball or get's a TD every time :doh:

You must have been a Thurman Thomas hater too I'm guessing :nana: !!!

You must have been in the blackout zone. You obviously havent watched him play. Does YPC mean anything to you?

Look buddy, don't snap at me because I refuse to gasp and swoon over a guy that's had 1 100+ yard game in two years. Especially a kid as highly touted as Spill was coming out of college. Freddy rushed for a buck or more in 6 out of the 10 games he played in. If this team was a household, Freddy would have been the sole breadwinner for the first half of this season.

As for the title of this thread, how can one be given credit for a scenario that never existed? Spiller had a better year than last year, but IMO he's still underachieving. What does Spill do well? In what situation can Spill be a go-to guy?

CJ Spiller is a man without a face in this Bills offense, and most of you know this.

I'm not gonna go back and forth with the childishness. Spiller may have improved in the second half of the season, but he has yet to prove that he can contribute to this offense on a consisitent basis. End of story.

Edited by #34fan

Frig what does a guy have to do to earn your respect :huh: ? He only had a average of like 5.2 YPC every time he touched the ball !! Both him & Fred were at the top of league in YPC this year what in your book i take it that's not good enough , from what it sounds like the only way he'll earn your respect is if he runs for 8 YPC every time he touches the ball or get's a TD every time :doh:

You must have been a Thurman Thomas hater too I'm guessing :nana: !!!

We didn't have to wait til Thurman's third pro season for him to produce.

No offense, but you're comparing apples and frickin' banannas.

Edited by #34fan