Players I don't think will be back

There's simply no point in letting Parrish go.

Unless they know something medically that we do not, Roscoe's potential to help this team (him and Fitz were lights out in 2010) is far more valuable than the dollar amount he'll command.

I doubt the open-market will slap a price tag on him that we wouldn't be willing to match--again, assuming there's nothing more to his injuries than meets the eye.

I don't understand why everyone is so quick to write him off. IMO, there's a 70-80% chance he stays.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they know something medically that we do not, Roscoe's potential to help this team (him and Fitz were lights out in 2010) is far more valuable than the dollar amount he'll command.

I doubt the open-market will slap a price tag on him that we wouldn't be willing to match--again, assuming there's nothing more to his injuries than meets the eye.

I don't understand why everyone is so quick to write him off. IMO, there's a 70-80% chance he stays.

I don;t know if Roscoe returns, but my recollection is that the Bills shelved him though he could have returned this year.

Parrish - agree he will be gone.

McKelvin - he is under contract and will stay. He has all the tools in the world but his instincts are not that of a natural football player. Still, he can be coached up and will contribute.

Corner - gone. The kids they drafted in 2011 are already ahead of him and they will draft another corner in 2012.

Troup - not gone. One of Nix's primary picks in 2010. Unless his injury problems are so bad that he cannot play, he will get another year to show his stuff.

Others that may be be gone:

McGee - tank is running on empty.

Bell - he could stay if he takes what is offered but with Nix saying he is going to draft a tackle this could mean that maybe he has no plan to make an offer. He will find another team that will pay him more than we will.

Chandler - scary to think that we would not lock him up but we are the Buffalo Bills.

Easley - injuries, questionable hands, and no NFL game experience could do him in as we are going to bring in more WRs.

A bunch of current roster linebackers will be gone - we need to do a lot here to improve this cast.

I hope we get Chandler and Bell back, unless he is offered rediculous money by another team. Carrington needs to show something next year or he will end up on the "gone" list the following year.

I don;t know if Roscoe returns, but my recollection is that the Bills shelved him though he could have returned this year.

If that's the case, then there might be more than meets the eye when it comes to his injuries.

We'll see what happens.

Methinks we knowingly sold the Ravens a lemon when we let Lee go. If Roscoe gets sent off, I have to believe the circumstances would be similar...

For anyone wanting to keep Roscoe for what he brings to this team you are exactly what has been wrong with us Bills fans for the last decade. Many of us want to keep a guy because of something they did once or excelled at some point. I'm sorry, I know I sound like an @ss and your all going to yell at me for letting go of good players and creating holes where there isn't one. My point is this with Roscoe and has always been for a long time. He's severly undersized, extremely fragile, and honestly overated beyond belief. He hasn't finished a season, er.... Half a season in more than 3 years. It's clearly near the end of his career due to the fact that he's no longer as fast and shifty as he used to be. Rodgers is the new Roscoe and will all make us wonder who He ever was.

For anyone wanting to keep Roscoe for what he brings to this team you are exactly what has been wrong with us Bills fans for the last decade. Many of us want to keep a guy because of something they did once or excelled at some point. I'm sorry, I know I sound like an @ss and your all going to yell at me for letting go of good players and creating holes where there isn't one. My point is this with Roscoe and has always been for a long time. He's severly undersized, extremely fragile, and honestly overated beyond belief. He hasn't finished a season, er.... Half a season in more than 3 years. It's clearly near the end of his career due to the fact that he's no longer as fast and shifty as he used to be. Rodgers is the new Roscoe and will all make us wonder who He ever was.

I'm going on his performance from the first half of 2010--a performance I truly believe you're highly devaluing.

Edited by The Big Cat

Terrence Mcgee. If there is one CB in danger of being released it's McGee. Not as young as he used to be and getting injured more often will hurt his chances, with younger players like McKelvin & A.Williams around.

Bryan Scott. While he will not cost a lot of money, the Bills are in an interesting spot here if they want to keep this veteran player or give Da'Norris Searcy more playing time.

Spencer Johnson. Here's another enigma. Is he a starter or a back-up? A DE or an LB? Has he been that effective on this defense?

Andra Davis. Remember this guy? Got replaced by Kelvin Sheppard early on in the season and then just vanished. He was a team captain and probably provides leadership on a young team, but is that enough for him to stay?

I think SJohnson may stay as he was on the field a lot this past season and the coaches seem to like him. The opposite is true of ADavis - he seemed to be in the doghouse and may not return.

Scott should be kept as he has experience at that position.

Bell - he could stay if he takes what is offered but with Nix saying he is going to draft a tackle this could mean that maybe he has no plan to make an offer. He will find another team that will pay him more than we will.

Chandler - scary to think that we would not lock him up but we are the Buffalo Bills.

Easley - injuries, questionable hands, and no NFL game experience could do him in as we are going to bring in more WRs.

A bunch of current roster linebackers will be gone - we need to do a lot here to improve this cast.

Bell may be given another year to see if he can stay healthy

I forgot about Chandler and agree he needs to be here for his production

Easley - no comments as I dont' know much about medicine

Big Cat...I normally agree with you on a lot of stuff but not Parrish

The problem with having Parrish:

- He will take valuable kick return opportunities away from who i really want back there...Justin Rogers

- Because he does have skills....we will grow to depend on him....we will biuld our offense around it...then he will promptly get hurt

- I think (and rightfully so) that the bills are getting away from these smurf football players and going towards over 6' over 200 pound guys that can run and block. It doesn't always work as in the case of Easley.....but I want to see guys that can take a hit out there instead of Parrish.

I'm going on his performance from the first half of 2010--a performance I truly believe you're highly devaluing.

And thats the rub - flashes of brilliance do not do the team much good if he is not on the field much. We cannot invest yet another year in the hope that he will last the season. If we keep him, we do not add a player of similar skills and set ourselves back a year at that position

One would hope Parrish will stay. Injuries aside he was one of only 2 NFL caliber wide receivers on the team last year. One or two others showed glimpses, but that was all.Unless they go after and sign a couple of big time receivers

the team would be crazy in letting him go. Chan knows what Parrish can do unlike DJ.

Big Cat...I normally agree with you on a lot of stuff but not Parrish

The problem with having Parrish:

- He will take valuable kick return opportunities away from who i really want back there...Justin Rogers

- Because he does have skills....we will grow to depend on him....we will biuld our offense around it...then he will promptly get hurt

- I think (and rightfully so) that the bills are getting away from these smurf football players and going towards over 6' over 200 pound guys that can run and block. It doesn't always work as in the case of Easley.....but I want to see guys that can take a hit out there instead of Parrish.

I don't think he should be involved in the return game at all. <PUSH>

You make a good point that his role/priority in our traditional offense will stunt the development of other players. <Point, you>

I totally agree that that's what the organization WANTS. But if they can't OBTAIN that talent, then why get rid of a proven guy? <Point, me>

This one ends in a draw...

And thats the rub - flashes of brilliance do not do the team much good if he is not on the field much. We cannot invest yet another year in the hope that he will last the season. If we keep him, we do not add a player of similar skills and set ourselves back a year at that position

I don't consider sustained reliability (esp. on third down) and great and ongoing chemistry with Fitzpatrick from weeks 3-8 as a "flash." It was steady and it was good.

I agree that he had an ok first few games of the 2010 season. His best ever. Ungortunately, just like every year for the last 3-4 (honestly I don't remember because he's been injured so much) he hasn't been able to be relied on. He's never done that before that season and hasn't done it since. Saying he COULD be a huge weapon is like saying Derek Anderson still has a chance to be a good QB too.

I might be devaluing his record season (smirk) but I think your over valuing him. He's 170lbs with pads on, and under 6ft. For years we were talking about how small our WR group and team has been. Now we are potentially getting rid of these undersized/out of position players and people are complaining.

I just don't get the fascination with guys like him. Tiny little crackheads that run like you just stole thier spoon. Hester, Hall, Parrish. Has any one of these guys ever amounted to anything of a realistic offensive weapon? Ask yourself that and look at thier stats. They are no different than gadget players like Brad Smith. How happy were we with him this year?

I'll make this deal with you Cat, IF..... Roscoe EVER finishes a full season of football while starting all 16 games again in his career I'll buy you lunch or dinner.

Oh, I don't have availability to read recent posts since I'm on my phone so I couldn't check your personal opinions on Merriman returning so I'm just curious what is your tale on lights out? If you say cut him because he takes a roster spot then you don't have a leg to stand on.

I agree that he had an ok first few games of the 2010 season. His best ever. Ungortunately, just like every year for the last 3-4 (honestly I don't remember because he's been injured so much) he hasn't been able to be relied on. He's never done that before that season and hasn't done it since. Saying he COULD be a huge weapon is like saying Derek Anderson still has a chance to be a good QB too.

I might be devaluing his record season (smirk) but I think your over valuing him. He's 170lbs with pads on, and under 6ft. For years we were talking about how small our WR group and team has been. Now we are potentially getting rid of these undersized/out of position players and people are complaining.

I just don't get the fascination with guys like him. Tiny little crackheads that run like you just stole thier spoon. Hester, Hall, Parrish. Has any one of these guys ever amounted to anything of a realistic offensive weapon? Ask yourself that and look at thier stats. They are no different than gadget players like Brad Smith. How happy were we with him this year?

I'll make this deal with you Cat, IF..... Roscoe EVER finishes a full season of football while starting all 16 games again in his career I'll buy you lunch or dinner.

Oh, I don't have availability to read recent posts since I'm on my phone so I couldn't check your personal opinions on Merriman returning so I'm just curious what is your tale on lights out? If you say cut him because he takes a roster spot then you don't have a leg to stand on.

Parrish only missed 7 games from 2006-2009 (four seasons). He played in 16 games in two consecutive season, 06 and 07. And some of those games in 2009 that he missed was because Jauron put him in the dog house. I'm not trying split hairs, but that's the reality. He broke his wrist after jumping eight feet in the air and landing on it in 2010--hardly an injury that can be chalked up to his size. This year he was sidelined with an ankle injury, again nothing to do with size.

I think they should ABSOLUTELY bring Merriman back.

Parrish only missed 7 games from 2006-2009 (four seasons). He played in 16 games in two consecutive season, 06 and 07. And some of those games in 2009 that he missed was because Jauron put him in the dog house. I'm not trying split hairs, but that's the reality. He broke his wrist after jumping eight feet in the air and landing on it in 2010--hardly an injury that can be chalked up to his size. This year he was sidelined with an ankle injury, again nothing to do with size.

Nix has said he would like FJax and SJohnson back but he made no such solid statement about Parrish. Nix seems to be a straight shooter. When he sayd "it is up to him" he can be surmised to mean that the team has made their final offer and it is up to the player to show willingness to accept or negotiate a reasonably close offer. (See: Whitner, Poz)

We may differ in our opinion about should he be back but signs about him really brought back are looking slim.

Little people have little bones = easy to break. He is fragile. People dont even have to hit him and he breaks bones! Maybe he jumped 7 feet, but 8 feet is just ridiculous!

However if he is willing to sign at a minimum. I say bring the little fella back, he has heart, and does give a good effort. He is tiny though!

I will agree he was having a pretty good year to start the 10 season. He and Fitz seem to have pretty good chemistry. I am just not sure Gailey wants him in our O.

I'll admit I would take him back at almost league minimum. Anything much more than that isn't worth it IMO. I'm guessing Nix offered something similar as well. Whatever offer they might have come up with, they will not budge.

I'm still ready to make that bet for lunch though if you want.

I'm willing to bet lunch he will NEVER complete a 16 game season in a somewhat starting role. Obviously if he's only in as a PR all bets are off. I'd say let's put a minimum of Receptions on it. 35 sounds good to me. If he finishes every game ever again and has at least 35 catches then lunch will be on me. Are you in of I win?