NFL Draft late round steals, Lanny Kelly, CB, Howard

As you all know I am a scout for Optimum Scouting, but I have been given a terrific opportunity to write articles for www.profootballzone.com as a small school scout. So I will be putting up my newest articles as they come out, please just check them out, they are interviews and are pretty fun to read. You at least get to see who he has talked with and also, follow his journey to the NFL. Please check them out and remember I am a bills fa first so any bills news I will let you all know.

http://profootballzone.com/atlanta-falcons-2/nfl-draft-late-round-steals-lanny-kelly-cb/

Lanny sounds like a real interesting kid.

If Cornell liked him he's obviously a good student and a smart kid.

His Catholic school upbringing probably really helped while growing up in a hard-scrabble town like Richmond.

For those that don't know, Richmond is a real "tough" area with lots of gangs, poverty, and crime. It's hard to grow up in a place like that. I could very well imagine that his life had parallels to a "Boyz in the Hood" upbringing. It's one of the things I love about athletics that a person can overcome incredible adversity to make something of themselves.

I loved what he had to say about his cousin and honoring his memory by playing football… and hoping to fix up his cousin's car someday as a further tribute.

I loved his final answer… the fill in the blank question. Clearly here's a kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Really pulling for the kid and I hope he comes to Buffalo but more importantly, to some NFL team.

Havent read the article, but are u talking about richmond va???

My bad richmond ca...had me confused calling richmond va a rough city...

Lanny sounds like a real interesting kid.

If Cornell liked him he's obviously a good student and a smart kid.

His Catholic school upbringing probably really helped while growing up in a hard-scrabble town like Richmond.

For those that don't know, Richmond is a real "tough" area with lots of gangs, poverty, and crime. It's hard to grow up in a place like that. I could very well imagine that his life had parallels to a "Boyz in the Hood" upbringing. It's one of the things I love about athletics that a person can overcome incredible adversity to make something of themselves.

I loved what he had to say about his cousin and honoring his memory by playing football… and hoping to fix up his cousin's car someday as a further tribute.

I loved his final answer… the fill in the blank question. Clearly here's a kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Really pulling for the kid and I hope he comes to Buffalo but more importantly, to some NFL team.

Edited by The Poojer