what pick would you despise at number 1?

Trader

Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama. He does not look NFL ready to me. Kind of a thin lanky body. He did not tackle well against LSU. He had a great play on Special teams during the championship game but he looks like a guy who would spend his first two seasons on IR to me. I do think he will be a very goood nfl player .. Someday.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he may need to get stronger but at his size he could be a force in the league . 6'2 corners

looking at the mocks, I think they should get a good player no matter what. That said I am not a floyd fan at all. If it is not blackmon I am waiting

Great call on Floyd. Dont care for him at all. He is probably my 3rd or 4th rated WR, and Im trying to be nice.

I dont think we'll go with Kirkpatrick that early, but I also dont think he is as "bad" as the OP suggests. It sounds like the only Bama game that was watched/researched was the single bowl game.

I guess it depends on who is available when we pick.

Great call on Floyd. Dont care for him at all. He is probably my 3rd or 4th rated WR, and Im trying to be nice.

I don't get it. WHY no love for Floyd? He catches everything, even balls that seem uncatchable. He looks more durable than Blackmon. He looks like a tight end but is fast. He dives and extends for the ball as good as anyone. The only knock on him seems to be a DWI and 2 occurences of underage drinking, but, IMO that is hardly worth holding against him. I'm actually hoping they pick an OLB/DE with 1st pick, but I would be THRILLED if they picked Floyd. So would Fitzy.

I don't get it. WHY no love for Floyd? He catches everything, even balls that seem uncatchable. He looks more durable than Blackmon. He looks like a tight end but is fast. He dives and extends for the ball as good as anyone. The only knock on him seems to be a DWI and 2 occurences of underage drinking, but, IMO that is hardly worth holding against him. I'm actually hoping they pick an OLB/DE with 1st pick, but I would be THRILLED if they picked Floyd. So would Fitzy.

I dont care at all about the off-field "issues". They arent really issues, and if they were, he wouldnt be playing for Notre Dame.

That being said, I dont have any better argument than "I just dont like him". Call it a gut feeling. I've seen him play a few times and was never that impressed.

Maybe it has something to do with coming from ND. I dont have anything against the school or program (it used to be my favorite team when I was a little kid), but I just dont care for the players coming out of that program lately.

Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama. He does not look NFL ready to me. Kind of a thin lanky body. He did not tackle well against LSU. He had a great play on Special teams during the championship game but he looks like a guy who would spend his first two seasons on IR to me. I do think he will be a very goood nfl player .. Someday.

The reason he looks thin and lanky is cuz he's almost 6'3". I like him as a player, but I think we have more pressing needs than a CB in round 1.

Because Sanu is going to be the best NFL receiver in this draft class. I can see Party Boy Floyd getting arrested 1st week out of camp for a DWI...oops, too soon?

I am an ND fan and Floyd is a good WR, but durable he is not. He's had knee issues and a broken collarbone. He was injured making that great catch against FSU in the bowl game and did not return. I do believe he will be successful in the NFL. He's big, has deceptive speed, solid route runner, can jump out the gym, has excellent hands, and adjusts to the ball well to make tough catches. That being said, I don't want us to take him at #10 if we stay put. I still want Blackmon if we can trade up because I think he is head and shoulders above the rest.

Because Sanu Blackmon is going to be the best NFL receiver in this draft class. I can see Party Boy Floyd getting arrested 1st week out of camp for a DWI...oops, too soon?

Fixed it. :thumbsup:

Kirkpatrick is a play maker, I don't think the Bills should be drafting a corner here, but they could do worse than this guy.

For me the one guy I don't want to see drafted in the first, is Michael Floyd. I know the Bills need WR's, but this guy would be a reach. He hasn't looked as impressive to me. Blackmon is a stud, Jeffrey has that big receiver potential, but Floyd just looks to be on a lower level than those guys. Plus he's just another "Problem" WR...

I think they have to be looking at a top OLB, DE, or OT...I do believe that one of those positions will be the best player available at the time the Bills pick, as the 2 big time WR's are gone...Mercilus or Upshaw would be just fine by me, but I'd settle for a top LT.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

i think my head will explode if they pick a Corner at 10

I would like to see a legit LT but have no problem with them drafting the best pass rusher / LB at this spot...Upshaw looks like a monster but is he an OLB in the NFL or a DE?