Brian Shottenheimer

The Big Cat

Did Sanchez's awful performance make Schotty look bad? Or did Schotty's awful play calling ruin Sanchez?

It's probably a combo of both, but I lean towards Schotty just being awful.

In the games I have seen, Sanchez seems to have the physical tools but not a quick mind to make decisions. Far too often, he looks like he is over-thinking his throws. Does not seem natural. The FO had built a great OL for him and he should have been in an ideal position to succeed. My vote goes towards Sanchez being the primary reason for their offense's inability to perform at a high level.

#1- Sanchez' deep throw accuracy is horrible...possibly worst in league.

#2- as a result, Shottenheimer was reluctant to call deep throws.

#3- which led to wide receiver revolt....

#4- you gotta blow the thing up...including Sanchez.

In the games I have seen, Sanchez seems to have the physical tools but not a quick mind to make decisions. Far too often, he looks like he is over-thinking his throws. Does not seem natural. The FO had built a great OL for him and he should have been in an ideal position to succeed. My vote goes towards Sanchez being the primary reason for their offense's inability to perform at a high level.

Yup.

I've long crusaded against "it's not the player it's the playcalling." BULL ****. When you're the quarterback, when the ball is in your damn hands, when you make the presnap reads, have the ability to call hot routes and audibles, it's YOUR FAULT. Make a damn play.

Jets fans hated Schottenheimer and think he was the main reason for their problems. The thing is though that Sparano was nothing more than an OL coach with the Cowboys and TE coach with the Jags, and it's unknown whether he'll be a good OC.

If daddy gets hired in Tampa, look for him to end up there. If not, he could be relegated to a positional coach and then probably out of the league. Nepotism can only get a richard like him so far.

An interesting development for...Sanchez's development.

Amusing to think that the Jets were only 2 games better than our Bills.

The sad thing is, They came off that bye and beat us bad. That was a whipping here in our stadium through and through. The Bills gotta get that Defensive Front 7 Solidified and bring some pain to opposing Offense

Edited by mattsox

I was shocked when he turned down the Bills interview. Total "he was too awesome for the Bills" vibe on that one. Are you happy now?...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4821977

"I'd love to be a head coach, but I say that with an asterisk," Schottenheimer said Sunday after the Jets beat the Bengals in the wild-card round of the playoffs. "That's my dream, but I want to be a head coach when the time is right, when the situation is right. I don't want to just take a job to take a job.

"For the first time in three years, I'm really, really happy. I'm happy working for Rex. I love the area. I love the Jets fans. I love what we've done. I love the guys on our roster."

This guy was too good to even interview for the Bills job. Maybe his daddy can get him another job. Gotta imagine he gets no respect from the players with his little goatee, the way he acts and looks like a weasel, and the nepotism that has gotten him where he is.