Brian Shottenheimer

The Big Cat

Maybe if dad gets the gig in Tampa they'll team up together like the Kiffans did out at USC .

Has a father & son ever coached together on the same team in the NFL ?? Just call me stupid if they have cause i ain't got a clue :unsure: !!

An interesting development for...Sanchez's development.

Amusing to think that the Jets were only 2 games better than our Bills.

Both good points .... I still remember when the Jests picked Sanchez in the draft all the pundits went ape :censored: Over the pick as though he was the second coming of Namath.

Maybe if dad gets the gig in Tampa they'll team up together like the Kiffans did out at USC .

Has a father & son ever coached together on the same team in the NFL ?? Just call me stupid if they have cause i ain't got a clue :unsure: !!

Isn't Shanahan's son on the Redskins coaching staff? I think he's the OC.

Perhaps Brian doesn't think Sanchez is developing properly as he seemed to regress this year. I think he will follow his dad to wherever job he takes.

They changed linemen and RB's and things seemed to go downhill. From Thomas Jones, Shone Green, Leon Washington to LT, Shone Green, Joe McKnight. Dunno maybe Sanchez also misses WR's Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery.The offense also lost RT Damien Woody, RB Danny Woodhead & QB-RB-WR Brad Smith so perhaps those 3 factored into their problems.

My take is it looks like the team was putting more pressure on Sanchez to carry the team. Two years ago they had the most dominate O line and run game in the league, and for some reason moved away from that into a more passing offensive. The results of doing that were obvious.

Not only are the Jets losing OC Brian Schottheimer, they are losing their O line coach Bill Callahan to Dallas and WR coach Henry Ellard. I think Callahan was a big reason as to why that line played so well. They also have ex Bills O line coach Jim McNally as a consultant.

Edited by Fear the Beard

Perhaps Brian doesn't think Sanchez is developing properly as he seemed to regress this year. I think he will follow his dad to wherever job he takes.

They changed linemen and RB's and things seemed to go downhill. From Thomas Jones, Shone Green, Leon Washington to LT, Shone Green, Joe McKnight. Dunno maybe Sanchez also misses WR's Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery.The offense also lost RT Damien Woody, RB Danny Woodhead & QB-RB-WR Brad Smith so perhaps those 3 factored into their problems.

My take is it looks like the team was putting more pressure on Sanchez to carry the team. Two years ago they had the most dominate O line and run game in the league, and for some reason moved away from that into a more passing offensive. The results of doing that were obvious.

Not only are the Jets losing OC Brian Schottheimer, they are losing their O line coach Bill Callahan to Dallas and WR coach Henry Ellard. I think Callahan was a big reason as to why that line played so well. They also have ex Bills O line coach Jim McNally as a consultant.

He didn't have a choice. He got canned. Jets were hoping he'd get jags job so they wouldn't have up pay him his final year.

Schottenheimer was an ass. He often said of himself "I know I'm an excellent football coach." well no matter how many toys they gave you your offense still sucked. Chans not perfect but I'm very happy l we never got the chance to interview this loser.

As a bills fan I just would have liked to have seen jets keep him

Shula hired at least 1 of his kids down in Miami and Wade worked for Bum when he was starting out. I'd expect there are a few others.

Wade Phillips hired his son Wes as Assistant OC (I bilieve that was his title) when he was with the Cowgirls. I went to school with Wes so I know he was with them for a fact. Could never stand the sight of his face on TV. Daddy bought him everything else, why not get a coaching job on the Cowboys when your 25ish. However old he was at the time. I'm 32 now and he's the same age. Just makes me sick.

Does anyone here actually think BS is a good coach? I don't think this was really his decision to make either. I have been hearing for weeks that the Jets were not going to bring him back, but did not want to fire him, which could hurt his future coaching opportunities. No I don't have any links at the moment, so take it for what it is.

Either way, this was one awful OC in my opinion...And I am sad to see him leave the Jets. The Jets O can only get better with his departure...

Mostly unrelated, but that team is a "mess" anyway... http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Mason-says-Jets-were-a-mess.html

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I was shocked when he turned down the Bills interview. Total "he was too awesome for the Bills" vibe on that one. Are you happy now?...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4821977

"I'd love to be a head coach, but I say that with an asterisk," Schottenheimer said Sunday after the Jets beat the Bengals in the wild-card round of the playoffs. "That's my dream, but I want to be a head coach when the time is right, when the situation is right. I don't want to just take a job to take a job.

"For the first time in three years, I'm really, really happy. I'm happy working for Rex. I love the area. I love the Jets fans. I love what we've done. I love the guys on our roster."

I was shocked when he turned down the Bills interview. Total "he was too awesome for the Bills" vibe on that one. Are you happy now?...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4821977

"I'd love to be a head coach, but I say that with an asterisk," Schottenheimer said Sunday after the Jets beat the Bengals in the wild-card round of the playoffs. "That's my dream, but I want to be a head coach when the time is right, when the situation is right. I don't want to just take a job to take a job.

"For the first time in three years, I'm really, really happy. I'm happy working for Rex. I love the area. I love the Jets fans. I love what we've done. I love the guys on our roster."

UB might need a coach in a year or two.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I agree that he will probably join Marty wherever he ends up.

That being said I don't like that they made this move. Sparano as their OC is a definite upgrade and I hate anytime the Jets get better. :devil:

Sanchez at least still blows and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Sparano is an o-line coach so they may be preparing to go to more of a run based offense which would suit Sanchez better and make him appear better. I hope they ride this bum as long as possible.