[closed]Davis Legacy Lives on in Oakland

T master

After one year as the HC of the Oakland Raiders & ending the season with an 8 - 8 record they pull the plug on Jackson . It almost sounds as if they have hired some Bills fans in the front office !!!

I don't know how any team can expect to get any thing done in one season ?? You can't even get a team use to the systems that are implemented in 2 yrs let alone one .

Hey this might be a chance for all of the Bills fans here that are already calling for Chan & Buddies head to find a place where you finally fit in .. Go for it make the jump !!! :thumbsup:

I posted the link in another thread. It would seem that their first-time GM has his own plans for things. It's also the first time they've had a true GM calling the shots there. Still have to wonder if that will help or hurt them in attracting a big name HC, also the new GM has no first round pick in 2012 thanks to the Carson Palmer trade.

I posted the link in another thread. It would seem that their first-time GM has his own plans for things. It's also the first time they've had a true GM calling the shots there. Still have to wonder if that will help or hurt them in attracting a big name HC, also the new GM has no first round pick in 2012 thanks to the Carson Palmer trade.

The new GM has a lot of connections to Green Bay. I think the Raiders may now be run like a franchise is supposed to be.

After one year as the HC of the Oakland Raiders & ending the season with an 8 - 8 record they pull the plug on Jackson . It almost sounds as if they have hired some Bills fans in the front office !!!

I don't know how any team can expect to get any thing done in one season ?? You can't even get a team use to the systems that are implemented in 2 yrs let alone one .

Hey this might be a chance for all of the Bills fans here that are already calling for Chan & Buddies head to find a place where you finally fit in .. Go for it make the jump !!! :thumbsup:

Well if you remember Jackson, after Al's death was not only the head coach but calling the player personnel moves there was no one else. Al was the GM. The outrageously expensive trade for hand Palmer, although not totally backfiring had a lot of people scratching their heads. Not too mention the quarterback before being injured was doing a good job. Jacksons trade certainly ruled out his return. Some think that trade was huge mistake. Good for the Bungles though! Jackson's departure was coming even before they hired the GM. Missing the playoffs sealed it. Being the most penalized team yet again didn't help. Jackson's big mouth reminded me of Singeltary in SF. He was losing the team. Also, Jacksons post season remarks on his expectations for 2012 didn't win him any support. I hate the raiders but they did the right thing in this case. There a team on the rise, Jacksons coaching was in the way.

Edited by Best Player Available

Well if you remember Jackson, after Al's death was not only the head coach but calling the player personnel moves there was no one else. Al was the GM. The outrageously expensive trade for hand Palmer, although not totally backfiring had a lot of people scratching their heads. Not too mention the quarterback before being injured was doing a good job. Jacksons trade certainly ruled out his return. Some think that trade was huge mistake. Good for the Bungles though! Jackson's departure was coming even before they hired the GM. Missing the playoffs sealed it. Being the most penalized team yet again didn't help. Jackson's big mouth reminded me of Singeltary in SF. He was losing the team. Also, Jacksons post season remarks on his expectations for 2012 didn't win him any support. I hate the raiders but they did the right thing in this case. There a team on the rise, Jacksons coaching was in the way.

Agreed. Jackson bet the farm on Palmer and making the playoffs this year and instead his team fell apart the last 5 weeks. No surprise at all to see him fired.

Agreed. Jackson bet the farm on Palmer and making the playoffs this year and instead his team fell apart the last 5 weeks. No surprise at all to see him fired.

Exactly, he put all of his eggs in the Palmer trade & when that did not work out & a new GM was brought in he was as good as gone. No shocker there.

Not only do they not have a first, but they do not have a second, third or fourth either as of right now. They probably will get three third round compensatory picks and possibly a fourth as well. Not the ideal situation for a new GM.

The new GM has a lot of connections to Green Bay. I think the Raiders may now be run like a franchise is supposed to be.

You make an excellent point. The new GM played for and worked in the Green Bay front office. Now, instead of head scratching draft and trade maneuvers this team will be run in a sound conventional way, meaning it will build through the draft and make make good value free agent decisions. This franchise is going to lose its renegade and undisciplined reputation.

I'm not sure that Hue Jackson was involved in the very draft expensive Palmer deal. If he was I'm sure that damaged him very much. What also hurt the fired coach is that the Raiders continued to be one of the leaders in garnering penalties. Hue Jackson was closely associated with Al Davis. This new GM is making a point that this isn't an Al Davis type of operation any longer.

He definitely should have gotten 6 years to turn things around in Oakland

Firing Jackson ruins the continuity of contiuning crappiness inherent in the Raider organization. :rolleyes: