Is Bell a goner for sure, per Buddy 'priority to draft an LT"?

zazie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been saying all year I would like to see the Bills get a legit LT

Bell has improved but cant stay healthy

obviously if they can resign him its one less position they need to fill but Im not as high on the o-line as others are and would like to see an upgrade

SJ is gone, huh? That sucks. I thought they were gonna at least try and re-sign him too. Oh well.

I thought it was interesting in the presser Buddy was asked about stipulations in Stevie's contract and he answered by saying if he does it again we will address it. It seemed to me he assumed Stevie would be back next year.

oh boy, not good.

Bell will be gone and SJ also, the holes keep getting dug deeper

Not sure why you would assume Stevie would be gone after listening to Nix...He did all but promise Stevie would be back...

He did not sound as excited about Bell...But his hesitation was 100% due to Bell's injuries...He did say they would like to have Bell back...But obviously they are not going to pay full market value for an oft injured LT... B-)

On the other hand, Buddy has mentioned addressing the offensive line every off-season and hasn't done anything via the draft other than Hairston.

Well, that is the only way of obtaining players, you have to draft them or your screwed. I wish there was a way that you could offer players whos contracts have expired from other teams a deal with your team.

Urbik, Rinehart, and Pears must have been drafted by the previous regime here in Buffalo?

I think after this year the FO and all of us should be happy if they get rid of injury prone players, it's too big of a step back when you have to move the 2nd guy in there before they are ready (although most of the time Hairston did okay). It is a cut throat business and we should think of it that way if a guy isn't a star (and even Merriman got the "if he passes his physicals, we liked that he was getting some pressure and setting the edge, when he started the season. We will see as it goes along, in the mean time we will be getting some pass rushers").

I think an upgrade at the position is a great idea. Bell might or might not be a sort of hot commodity, if he is too expensive it is okay if we fill that hole higher in the draft than we have in years.

oh boy, not good.

Bell will be gone and SJ also, the holes keep getting dug deeper

You must have selective hereing or you just flat out didn't listen to Buddies interview on the state of the Bills . Typical Bills fan :blink: !! Go back & listen to it & i'll give you a hint .

Send the kids out side to play , send the wife to the store , shut off the TV & go in to the computer room turn on the computer & actually listen to what Buddy says then get back on line & read what you put in this post & you'll see just how foolish it is !!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: PAY ATTENTION !!!!!

Well, that is the only way of obtaining players, you have to draft them or your screwed. I wish there was a way that you could offer players whos contracts have expired from other teams a deal with your team.

Urbik, Rinehart, and Pears must have been drafted by the previous regime here in Buffalo?

Hah! Where did Colin Brown come from too?

You must have selective hereing or you just flat out didn't listen to Buddies interview on the state of the Bills . Typical Bills fan :blink: !! Go back & listen to it & i'll give you a hint .

Send the kids out side to play , send the wife to the store , shut off the TV & go in to the computer room turn on the computer & actually listen to what Buddy says then get back on line & read what you put in this post & you'll see just how foolish it is !!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: PAY ATTENTION !!!!!

There is a transcript he could read it too :rolleyes:

I have been saying all year I would like to see the Bills get a legit LT

Bell has improved but cant stay healthy

obviously if they can resign him its one less position they need to fill but Im not as high on the o-line as others are and would like to see an upgrade

I agree. Bell should be cheap. He is prob asking for too much money right now because we plays well when healthy (1/4th of the season) but who knows if he has the stamina for a full season because I can't recall him ever going a full season. If you can draft a franchise LT who is not injury prone and rotate with Bell or use Bell as the backup, you have a solid O-line indeed.

Why not listen to it together with all of them? They might be able to help him understand whats being said better?

I can understand the confusion though, its been such a busy offseason so far for the Bills. Look at whats already happened

1. The have already lost Stevie and Bell to other teams that signed them in FA

2. Buddy Nix has abruptly retired, pulling a Marv and bolting before finishing

3. Buddys heir has bolted to be the new GM in indy, right before being given the same position with the Bills

4. The bills reach for another bust in the first round this year and pass on multiple HOFers in the draft

5. They drafted more DB's and not all Linemen

6. They didn't trade picks to move back and get more picks (or forward to select a HOFer) in the draft

7. The Dolphins made the playoffs in 2012 all because they signed Jeff Fisher to be their head coach

8. Every NFL team goes 19-0 in 2012 and win the SB while Buffalo goes 0-16

9. Every fan of every NFL team gets a trouphy and awards for being fans of their team except Bills fans who are mocked and laughed at everywhere they go, being shunned and forced to move to Cuba

10. Ralph Wilson revealed that he is a Cyborg who will live forever, then announced he is relocating the team to LA where he immediatly spent every dime he has to build a perrenial SB winner

Bell should be cheap. He is prob asking for too much money right now because we plays well when healthy (1/4th of the season) but who knows if he has the stamina for a full season because I can't recall him ever going a full season.

Bell played a full season in 2010.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

The OP was lamenting about drafting a LT to replace Bell. Hence my point about the draft and what Nix has said about the draft the last two years. Get it? Here's a non-subliminal hint: think Draft not free agency.