So how did we do this year?

Rubes

Because I know you were wondering about this.

Buffalo was 3-1 against the AFC West, 2-2 against the NFC East, and 1-5 against the AFC East (ugh). Overall against the AFC, Buffalo was 4-8.

Buffalo was 2-3 against teams that made the playoffs this year.

Buffalo played 5 games against teams who finished with a record better than .500. They were 1-4 in those games.

Buffalo played 7 games against teams who finished with a .500 record (which seems weird). They were 3-4 in those games.

So overall, Buffalo played 12 out of 16 games against teams with a .500 record or better, and they were 4-8 in those games.

In the 4 games against teams with a losing record, they were 2-2.

What does all this mean???

Maybe it all comes down to one thing: the AFC East. We need to put 100% focus on beating the Pats*, Jets, and Dolphins. Do that, and everything else falls into place.

Some may agree and some may disagree, but this team will be exciting to watch in 2012--but, this offseason could be a confusing one for us fans.

These past few months, I've been listening to Chix talk about their intentions for this organization, coaches and roster in 2012. Some of which, makes me wonder IF some of their intentions are a smoke screen for further evaluation.

Example: George Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick

On the downward slide of the losing skid in 2011, Chix was behind keeping Edwards. The players adored him and stood behind him. Fast forward into 2012, Edwards is gone and Wanstache gets the DC position!

My assumption is there will be a lot of pressure on this football team to make the playoffs. Can Fitz take us into the playoffs? Who knows! That being said, in Chix's third season, I think they make an effort an effort in FA & in the draft.

The dilemma of cutting Fitzpatrick before the seventh day of the 2012 league year, will be an interesting time. Based on this, the Bills could save face for the remainder of Fitz's contract and could focus their energies on selecting a young QB in the draft. This is just speculation, however, Fitz has been serviceable--but, his flaws are starting to cost this team.

This is just an example, but if this team does decide to part ways with their recent franchise QB--it will make an interesting offseason!

Edit: Whatever the case, Go Bills!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

This team botched winnable games against the Jets and Dolphins. 3-3 in the division makes this a .500 team, which would have looked a lot better. I hope we can see them healthy and putting in a full game's focus every week next year.

Not to mention winnable games against the Bengals and Giants, both on the road.

My stat breakdown.

In a nutshell...offense good...defense bad...special teams in decline.

PTR

Thanks, Promo. I hadn't realized the decline with Lindell. I was actually under the impression he was still money, but I guess I should look at it a little more in depth.

Thanks, Promo. I hadn't realized the decline with Lindell. I was actually under the impression he was still money, but I guess I should look at it a little more in depth.

I was surprised too. We knew we sucked with those two pickup kickers, but Lindell was as bad all by himself last season. He's still better than his two replacements and he could well be back, but the Bills ought to start looking for his replacement. Same with Moorman.

PTR

I was surprised too. We knew we sucked with those two pickup kickers, but Lindell was as bad all by himself last season. He's still better than his two replacements and he could well be back, but the Bills ought to start looking for his replacement. Same with Moorman.

PTR

LOL, yea we should "start" looking for their replacements. Won't be this off season. There are areas of this team that need immediate improvement, the kicking game isn't one of them. Stay grounded with the stat krap. If Lindel resigns he will have little too no competition in camp. Ditto that with Moorman.

Lets be real here people, how many of us really expected to win the division this year?

We were looking for improvement, and for the most part that is what we had.

The Defense will be better next yr, much better. And that will make us a much better team as a whole

Go Bills!!!

Buffalo was 3-1 against the AFC West, 2-2 against the NFC East, and 1-5 against the AFC East (ugh). Overall against the AFC, Buffalo was 4-8.

Buffalo played 5 games against teams who finished with a record better than .500. They were 1-4 in those games.

Buffalo played 7 games against teams who finished with a .500 record (which seems weird). They were 3-4 in those games.

So overall, Buffalo played 12 out of 16 games against teams with a .500 record or better, and they were 4-8 in those games.

Maybe it all comes down to one thing: the AFC East. We need to put 100% focus on beating the Pats*, Jets, and Dolphins. Do that, and everything else falls into place.

True and then we could beat anyone else too.

Our losing skid started when the injuries started to really pile up. This cannot be overlooked. We were ripping it up when full strength. The defense was still ugly but the offense was compensating for the flaws. Next year with a better DC, new defensive talent, back to full strength. I expect a good year next year.

They have got to figure out how to avoid the injury bug. whether it's diet related, strength and conditioning related, stretching? I don't know but they have to get a handle on it.

Looked at another way, we were 5-6 against teams with a record of 0.500 or less. I think that means we may be within a few bad plays/bad calls of being a 500 team ourselves, but are not yet improved enough to match up to winning franchises.

Though "figure out the Pats, Jets, and Miami and everything else will fall into place" isn't a bad conclusion either.

The Bills are very consistent. I can say with 100% certainty that the Bills will not make the playoffs next season. I have 12 consecutive seasons of rock solid evidence on my side.

100%? Wow. Weren't you kind of optimistic about the playoffs when they were 4-1? I'm sure you made all kinds of money cashing in on your omniscience that they'd end up 6-10 and miss the playoffs...

Why bother?

Actually, your first assessment was that "the Bills have improved in almost every area". Only after others pointed out the obvious falseness of this statement did you enlighten us with your "stat breakdown".

I misspoke, then looked to the numbers. And your problem is?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The Defense will be better next yr, much better. And that will make us a much better team as a whole

Didn't we all say the exact same thing last offseason? Didn't we think there was no way we could possibly be worse than the previous year?