Teams that could take Peyton Manning

Top Tier

Jets - if they think they're only a QB away from winning now and Sanchize is what's holding them back.

Redskins - not a player away from winning it all, but they need a QB and have a history for high profile FA signings.

Miami - have a lot of pieces in place, new coach may lobby for addressing QB right away.

Browns - if Holgrem brought in Jake Delhome, surely Manning is worth considering. Hasn't had an elite QB since Favre

Broncos - might shock some, but Elway knows Tebow will never be elite. They're already a playoff team, why not land a HoF QB to take them even further?

Cardinals - could just eat the costs of the to-this-point failed Kolb experiment and get an elite QB to get the ball to their elite WR Fitzgerald.

Possible, but less probable

Chiefs - that's where Montana was put out to pasture

Jags - may think Gabbert needs more time to sit and learn. But I doubt Peyton goes to a place where he's seen as keeping the seat warm for someone else.

Buffalo - he's a dream QB for Chan, but too many "buts" when you're talking Buffalo (not a QB away, Ralph is cheap, Peyton may not want to play here, etc)

Bucs - QB regressed from playoff team a year ago to 4 & 12

Seattle: year 3 put up or shut up time for their high profile coach. Do they really think Tavaris is the answer ?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Reports have surfaced recently that Irsay has already decided on Luck. However, this is all speculation, Irsay wants Manning to be the guy for the next 4-5 years--but, the overall decision rests on Manning's health. I have doubts, if Manning is healthy, the team would trade and/or cut him.

Edit: I see the Colts drafting Luck with the exception Manning plays and/or doesn't play the next several season.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

San Fran makes most sense to me. They are seriously a manning away from dominating.

Yeah, I have to agree. 49ers or the Dolphins unfortunately. As much as we don't want to admit, the Dolphins have an above average defense, good O Line, decent enough run game. Watch out for that.

Yeah, I have to agree. 49ers or the Dolphins unfortunately. As much as we don't want to admit, the Dolphins have an above average defense, good O Line, decent enough run game. Watch out for that.

Would the 49ers or Dolphins be able to take Manning's salary without a ton of moves?

San Fran makes most sense to me. They are seriously a manning away from dominating.

The niners after drifting for a long time, finally have stability, and some players.

I could see manning co existing with their coach. For Manning that will be huge.

As you said with Manning and assuming he comes back 100% they might have to clear

space in Santa Clara for another Lombardi or two. They are that close.

Well if to be trusted (and I don't buy it) - the saints and brees are FAR apart. The manning history in this city making it a homecoming for Payton and a little softening of the blow for fans.

All posturing, Brees is a Saint for life.

Mannings salary is 8 million right? I can imagine them figuring out a way to work it in to "win now". But first he has to be healthy and next he has to be dealt and lastly I am sure he decides where he will and will not go.

Colts would exercise their option not to sign manning.

he'd have no contract and be A free agent and agree to a new deal.

The niners after drifting for a long time, finally have stability, and some players.

I could see manning co existing with their coach. For Manning that will be huge.

As you said with Manning and assuming he comes back 100% they might have to clear

space in Santa Clara for another Lombardi or two. They are that close.

All posturing, Brees is a Saint for life.

My main point, take it all with a grain of salt. Credible reporters were spreading that angle.

My main point, take it all with a grain of salt. Credible reporters were spreading that angle.

I've never seen coach, QB and city meld together as positively as Payton, Brees and New Orleans. I don't doubt that your sources are sound, but it would truly shock me to see Brees retire as anything but a Saint.

Yea, in the end I think Brees would even cave a bit. He knows what the saints saw in him, and then he

proved he was worth the gamble.I always like how brees goes about business.

Hey, what about this Jabari Greer dude!

I've never seen coach, QB and city meld together as positively as Payton, Brees and New Orleans. I don't doubt that your sources are sound, but it would truly shock me to see Brees retire as anything but a Saint.

Brees is a system guy. I could see manning doing just as well if not better there.

Brees is a system guy. I could see manning doing just as well if not better there.

When he was with San Diego, I personally saw him decapitate several good defenses.

I disagree that Brees is a system guy.

He is great at reading defenses and is one of the most accurate throwers I've ever seen. He's a great decision maker.