Anyone else thinking Whaleys calling the shots???

Estro

I don't think its commonplace to sign a brand new practice squad within a week of the seasons end. Could be coincidence....or could go along with the rumor that this will be whaleys team to run. I also noticed whaleys name has seemed to disappear from the colts list of gm candidates. Perhaps he turned them down. What say you........have the bills ever flipped over the entire practice in just a few days?

I can't speak intelligently to the recent turn over of our practice squad, but I have found it interesting that Whaley's name hasn't been mentioned lately as being a serious candidate for the Colts GM position. Hate to speculate such a thing, but could it be that the Colts needed to interview a minority candidate in order to be compliant with NFL rules/regulations? The only other think I can think of is that the Bills have informed him that he is guaranteed to take over for Buddy after the 2012 draft.

If you look at the NFL transctions this past week, most of the non-playoff teams are signing players...I think this happens every year. Remember last year, when the Ravens signed James Hardy, during the playoffs, for the next season? Hardy made some comments about how the Bills were never committed to him, and he looked forward to playing with the Ravens in 2011...then he got cut early in traing camp, IIRC. Oops! :P

I don't think its commonplace to sign a brand new practice squad within a week of the seasons end. Could be coincidence....or could go along with the rumor that this will be whaleys team to run. I also noticed whaleys name has seemed to disappear from the colts list of gm candidates. Perhaps he turned them down. What say you........have the bills ever flipped over the entire practice in just a few days?

You think Whaley's in charge because we signed a few practice squad players? Why couldn't Nix still be in charge and do the same thing?

I know this name means nothing to everyone, but the Bills signed OL Jake Vermiglio (NC State) to the practice squad after he was cut by Green Bay because they were short on RBs. 6'5" and 330lb. Huge kid with good feet. At least the people on the practice squad sound good and fit a need. How long did we carry Paul Hubbard and Felton Huggins with zero hope they would ever see the field. Maybe Whaley is in charge.

I can't speak intelligently to the recent turn over of our practice squad, but I have found it interesting that Whaley's name hasn't been mentioned lately as being a serious candidate for the Colts GM position. Hate to speculate such a thing, but could it be that the Colts needed to interview a minority candidate in order to be compliant with NFL rules/regulations? The only other think I can think of is that the Bills have informed him that he is guaranteed to take over for Buddy after the 2012 draft.

Is that for GMs, or just head coaches?