Give Chan 6 years

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally having some time this Sunday, I have crunched the stats from 2009 vs 2011 to take a snapshot of the Bills under Gailey. To spare some people the inevitable migraine of pondering numbers, I will give you the summary of my results. I can provide the full stats on an Excel spreadsheet to anyone who wants them.

<...>

In summery my statement of the team improving in most areas was incorrect. Any improvement on offense was offset by a decline on defense and special teams. Considering Gailey's rep as an offensive mind, maybe this is not surprising. At least he has delivered on that side of the ball. Hopefully Wannstadt will shore up the D in 2012. Looking at Lindell's numbers makes me wonder if he should be signed long-term.

PTR

Good work, PtR. I appreciate a guy who can evaluate the facts and modify his viewpoint accordingly.

I think the Bills may have IR'd Lindell in part hoping Rayner would pan out, but we know how that went. Didn't they invite a kicker to camp last year? I think they may do so again. I don't think they ahve to worry about Lindell being signed away.

The Texans and 'niners both show that 2-4 key acquisitions and a change in coaching can effect great imrpvoement. If Kyle can return from injury, we have some good pieces with Williams, Dareus, Barnett, Wilson, Byrd, the other Williams, and Rogers. Here's hoping that Wannstadt can find the most effective way to use our pieces, and that we add significant help at pass rush and linebacker, whichever scheme we play.

The good news about Wanny is he isn't coming to the Bills cold. He has a season with the unit already. If he is capable of turning the defense around he should be able to do it next season. Personally I think he should have had enough influence as assistant HC to make a difference this year, but we will see.

The good news about Wanny is he isn't coming to the Bills cold. He has a season with the unit already. If he is capable of turning the defense around he should be able to do it next season. Personally I think he should have had enough influence as assistant HC to make a difference this year, but we will see.

can he rush the passer?

Six years is too long...3 years may be the bare minimum, but 6 years is too long....somewhere in the vicinity of 4 years is where a real evaluation can be made....so in my opinion we're half-way through...he's demonstrated he's not willing to accept poor play or coaching, but where we need to see improvement his same tenacity for mediocrity....to see this organization take the next step, we need everyone on the same page with the same commitment to excellence....top to bottom...and we'll see how Dave W. is able to get this Defense to improve along with another off-season to get better talent and improve on actually ability to play...regardless of 3-4 or the 4-3...then we'll see just where this team is in terms of able to compete in the NFL...next year is the tale of the tape: we either make the playoffs or Chan is on the hot-seat the following year, if he's even able to return given the rumor Nix is on his way out after the Draft...