Give Chan 6 years

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree to a point that if the coach in question is showing progress each year & like with the Bills this year injuries & such are all taken into consideration then give them more time . Heck we signed Jauron to an extension so at least give Gailey that !!

I think he has shown that the way he is heading in drafting players , In decision making (getting rid of Lynch , Edwards,) even sitting Stevie when he knew it would hurt the team but having followed through with what he said he would do are all positives for our team moving forward !!

I'm for our coach to stick around for a while because stability is part of building a good team look at the Steelers , Eagles , Pats ,& up until last year the Titans have all had there coaches for a long period of time & all but the odd season being this year for the Eagles they are for the most part usually looking at the play offs at the end of each season .

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one area most people dwell on, particularly after the dirty dozen Bills fans have just endured, is team record. Which is obviously worse than the DJ era so far anyway.

No matter how you try and spin it, or what excuses you make, 10-22 !@#$ing blows chunks.

Add in an eight game and seven game losing streak in two years and you wonder about his ability to motivate.

Abysmal was the word tgreg chose to use. I was speaking to him there. I'm weird that when I hear a word, I take it for what it means. Call me old school. The Bills are not Super Bowl contenders. They are not playoff contenders. But they are not the festering gob of schitt that the word abysmal implies.

Arguing over the use of the word abysmal aside, to me 4-12 and 6-10 is a festering gob of schitt.

Six years hell no. BUT as long as the team continues to improve or show some progress I think you can't pull the rug too quickly. If the Bills go 8-8 next year and a lot of players progress I don't think you can fire him. But if the Bills go 6-10 or worse next season, I think you have to let Chan go. Its not exactly playoff's or bust but I think .500 or better is a reasonable expectation for the Bills.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/10spot-wildcard/impatient-owners-allow-coaches-develop--adam-schefter-10-spot

I agree with Schef coaches need more time to build for the long term. Give your coach a chance.

I'm ok with a 4-year window of opportunity. At the end of a 4-year rebuilding project, a team should have a double-digit (10-6 or better) winning record, and SHOULD be in the playoffs. As we have seen in the past however, even an 11-5 record does not guarantee a playoff appearance.

I hope that the Bills are at least a 9-7 team next year. This is an important off-season. Need to find some new starters, and build depth at key positions.

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

If the Bills could improve on keeping the IR below 10 guys that would be a start.

Everyone has injuries. Coach and gm must build a durable team with depth that can stand in. It might be drafting durable, might mean conditioning or strength training... Bad things happen but accountability for results doesnt miss a season.

Everyone has injuries. Coach and gm must build a durable team with depth that can stand in. It might be drafting durable, might mean conditioning or strength training... Bad things happen but accountability for results doesnt miss a season.

How many years has Marvin Lewis been in Cincy?

Abysmal was the word tgreg chose to use. I was speaking to him there. I'm weird that when I hear a word, I take it for what it means. Call me old school. The Bills are not Super Bowl contenders. They are not playoff contenders. But they are not the festering gob of schitt that the word abysmal implies.

And the Bills did improve in two years. Maybe not enough to make some people happy but going from the bottom to the middle is improvement. As long as the Bills are improving then I'm all for staying the course.

By the way I did refer to the top ranking in INT's. Read my posts again. I'm not running away from the bad stuff.

PTR

If you're not running away from the bad stuff, and you're not refusing to address the question, then why not explain how the Bills have improved in "almost every area"?

How do you figure the Bills, taken overall, have "gone from the bottom to the middle" or are overall, improving?

You've presented some offensive improvements. I agree that going from the bottom to the middle on offense represents an improvement, but hardly represents improvement in "almost every area".

There are three phases of the game - offense, defense, special teams. There is also overall record. How have the Bills fared in overall record? By what measure have they improved on defense and special teams?

If you're not running away from the bad stuff, and you're not refusing to address the question, then why not explain how the Bills have improved in "almost every area"?

How do you figure the Bills, taken overall, have "gone from the bottom to the middle" or are overall, improving?

You've presented some offensive improvements. I agree that going from the bottom to the middle on offense represents an improvement, but hardly represents improvement in "almost every area".

There are three phases of the game - offense, defense, special teams. There is also overall record. How have the Bills fared in overall record? By what measure have they improved on defense and special teams?

Then lets do this. Let's agree on a number of measures. Scoring, defensive stats, etc. that tell the story of what a team is doing. Then give me a number of how many improvements...that means small or large improvements...will make you say the Bills got better. Then it's more scientific than opinion.

Now these numbers have to be commonly accepted stats. Not situational. Here are some of my suggestions:

OFF. STATS:

-Passing yards

-Rushing yards

-Scoring

-TD's

-3rd down eff.

-Red zone eff.

-Sacks

-Fumbles

DEF. STATS

-Rushing yards

-Passing yards

-Scoring

-Interceptions

-Fumbles Rec.

-Sacks

-Interceptions

ST STATS

-Kickoff returns (All teams affected by new kickoff rules)

-Punt returns

-Avg Punt dist.

OVERALL TEAM STAT

-Penalties

So let's compare how the Bills did in these stats from 2009 to 2011. Is this acceptable? If the Bills improved in a majority of these categories, will you agree the Bills did get better under Chan and Nix?

PTR

DJ managed 7-9 all 3 of his years and he was run out of town.

Gailey so far only aspires to 7-9.

There is only one measure that counts my robotic friend, and that's the team record.

And the team record under ChaNix thus far flat out sucks.

And I hate you all for making me look at the teams records. Because there I saw the Bills have had exactly 1 winning season this century, and that was under Mularkey. !@#$ me that is depressing. Talk about a festering gob of schitt.

Then lets do this. Let's agree on a number of measures. Scoring, defensive stats, etc. that tell the story of what a team is doing. Then give me a number of how many improvements...that means small or large improvements...will make you say the Bills got better. Then it's more scientific than opinion.

Now these numbers have to be commonly accepted stats. Not situational. Here are some of my suggestions:

OFF. STATS:

-Passing yards

-Rushing yards

-Scoring

-TD's

-3rd down eff.

-Red zone eff.

-Sacks

-Fumbles

DEF. STATS

-Rushing yards

-Passing yards

-Scoring

-Interceptions

-Fumbles Rec.

-Sacks

-Interceptions

ST STATS

-Kickoff returns (All teams affected by new kickoff rules)

-Punt returns

-Avg Punt dist.

OVERALL TEAM STAT

-Penalties

So let's compare how the Bills did in these stats from 2009 to 2011. Is this acceptable? If the Bills improved in a majority of these categories, will you agree the Bills did get better under Chan and Nix?

PTR

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz