Speaking of docs, The Marinovich Project

bbb

Just finished watching that on my DVR. That was one of the best espn films, and there have been many good ones.

It's a great story, and it's funny how people I hated 20 years ago, I now end up liking.

And, I had forgotten just how good he could have been. Man, he had such perfect mechanics. He looked like a Hall of Famer.

Hey, it spawned a nice player for the 'Cuse, as well as a hookah bar up onarshall st.

Just finished watching that on my DVR. That was one of the best espn films, and there have been many good ones.

It's a great story, and it's funny how people I hated 20 years ago, I now end up liking.

And, I had forgotten just how good he could have been. Man, he had such perfect mechanics. He looked like a Hall of Famer.

I was in the car the day he was doing all his radio interviews..and this doc toned down or edited out a lot of the really bad stuff..stuff he readily admits to as being an addict. His days in the CFL were just crazy..he talked about shooting up at halftime of games, practicing while tripping etc.Amazing he made it out alive...and i am really glad that they made sure to pint out he blames none of his behavior on his dad. He is still best friends with his pops...agree good documentary.

Yes, this was another excellent installment. I had forgotten how quickly he came and went. He really only had one big season at USC and about half a season in the pros. Amazing.

Other outstanding 30 for 30's beside the ones mentioned by DPR above include the episodes on Marcus Dupree, Ricky Williams, U Miami, The Two Escobars (might be the best one), Fernandomania and Steve Bartman.

Mikhail Marinovich is Todd's half brother and is the starting DE for the Cuse, although i believe he graduates this year...he opened a hookah bar with another student up on the hill last year or 2 years ago

he's by all accounts a really great guy

Opening up a hookah bar doesn't sound like the smartest thing to do when your last name is Marinovich.

i give him credit for trying...playing D1 football and running a business can't be an easy feat...granted the thing literally caught fire, but still..interesting dude

Opening up a hookah bar doesn't sound like the smartest thing to do when your last name is Marinovich.