New England OC to leave!

The Tomcat

Nice fish BTW. Snagged a few Kings at the dam on 18 mile in the day. Check my profile to see why I moved on.

There's two different streams in WNY you could be talking about. No dam on the Erie one so I'm guessing Burt Dam.

Also I seem to remember that Scobey Hill Road is the only other snagging spot in the area.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

There's two different streams in WNY you could be talking about. No dam on the Erie one so I'm guessing Burt Dam.

Also I seem to remember that Scobey Hill Road is the only other snagging spot in the area.

Yeah it was Burt. Was a blast back when, parking lot full of out of state plates. I snagged a 15 lb rainbow, had to throw it back :angry:

No dam on the Hamburg 18 mile, there is a impassable falls though. On private property :thumbdown:

It doesn't really matter, they are able to plug just about anyone there to hold the clipboard and be successful. I think all their OC says over the headset is "OK Tom, go out and do whatever you think is best"

True .. with Brady there it will be plug and play for the next one.

True .. with Brady there it will be plug and play for the next one.

Especially if the next one is former Pats OC Josh McDaniels as many people expect. In fact, it'll be an upgrade.

Further, should McDaniels re-surface in NE and bring with him Brandon Lloyd (Lloyd said he wishes to go where Josh goes), then the Pats offense will be ridiculous next year.

Especially if the next one is former Pats OC Josh McDaniels as many people expect. In fact, it'll be an upgrade.

Further, should McDaniels re-surface in NE and bring with him Brandon Lloyd (Lloyd said he wishes to go where Josh goes), then the Pats offense will be ridiculous next year.

I disagree with the upgrade comment.

In the two years since he left New England, McDaniels has done nothing to burnish his reputation, IMO.

He gave Denver one good half season with some inflated passing numbers which didn't translate into wins, and then this year he coached the Rams offense to a bad year. I will give him that the Rams had lots of injuries on offense.

Like I said, McDaniels has not enhanced his reputation since leaving New England.

Meanwhile the Patsies* offense didn't miss a beat in his absence… just like they didn't miss Charlie Weis.

I disagree with the upgrade comment.

In the two years since he left New England, McDaniels has done nothing to burnish his reputation, IMO.

He gave Denver one good half season with some inflated passing numbers which didn't translate into wins, and then this year he coached the Rams offense to a bad year. I will give him that the Rams had lots of injuries on offense.

Like I said, McDaniels has not enhanced his reputation since leaving New England.

Meanwhile the Patsies* offense didn't miss a beat in his absence… just like they didn't miss Charlie Weis.

Brady's the key as to why the offense doesn't miss a beat. But, many Pats fans will tell you that McDaniels is an upgrade over O'Brien, and Weis too. And if Lloyd comes as part of the package, imagine having to defend:

Welker

Lloyd

Branch

Gronkowski

Hernandez :sick:

The patriots OC stands there akes orders from belichik and then gives it to tom

That wasn't the case when McDaniels was the Pats OC last time so I can't imagine it being the case this time around.

BTW, Schefter is reporting that McDaniels is going to NE as an AC and will be with the team for this years playoffs and will assist with film work and gameplanning activities. Interestingly, McDaniels Rams played Pitt, Cinci, Balt, Giants, GB, Saints and SF this year so Josh gameplaned already for these teams and will bring this added info to the Pats in case they happen to meet any of these teams in the playoffs.