Diamond in the Rough: Gino Gradkowski, OG, Delaware

Gino Gradkowski is a very draftable kid out of Delaware, check out my newest article on him, as he climbs up draft boards, this could be a guy that fits in. The younger brother of Cincinnati Bengals QB Bruce Gradkowski.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/diamond-in-the-rough-gino-gradkowski-og-university-of-delaware.html

As a center/Guard? He plays both, 294 is pretty good coming out of school, they will put on correct weight in the NFL. He will be fine. He is a student of the game, he watches film on both Dermonti Dawson and Bill Maas. He loves the game, he said he is a big fan of Eric Wood.

As a center/Guard? He plays both, 294 is pretty good coming out of school, they will put on correct weight in the NFL. He will be fine. He is a student of the game, he watches film on both Dermonti Dawson and Bill Maas. He loves the game, he said he is a big fan of Eric Wood.

Wood is listed at 311 Levitre at 303 and Urbik is 329.

So your saying he can't gain 15 pounds?

Appreciate the information Damond, but I would have to agree with a previous poster that this kid may be a little too small to play G/C in the NFL at this time. Certainly, he COULD gain 15 pounds with the right strength and conditioning program, but would he be able to maintain his athleticism with the additional weight. Buddy and Chan have stated explicitly that they want to get bigger, stronger and nastier on the offensive line, and I just do not see this type of OL prospect "fitting their mold."

Please keep the good information coming though....I enjoy reading your posts/articles pertaining to the under the radar type players.

I like your responses, and I agree with you but you cannot teach football IQ. You want a guy that can play his position correctly every snap. With minimal mental mistakes. That is what you want, regardless of size, although he might not be a Buffalo Bills pick, he is an intriguing draft pick.

294 Lbs is small for the NFL

The Jets' outstanding G, Brandon Moore is listed at 300 pounds and was lighter than that coming in. He's played in 124 NFL games, starting 122.

Andy Levitre is listed at 6'2" 305.

Grad is a bit smallish at the moment but if he doesn't make the NFL, I doubt it will be because of his size.

NO! Draft players from big-time programs, kids who don't have to put on weight, and kids who have already been battle-tested against the best-of-the-best.

Exactly. The Bills and their fans have been enamored with projects and tweezers for far too long.

Exactly. The Bills and their fans have been enamored with projects and tweezers for far too long.

We oughta take this on a case by case basis… I mean James Harrison did go to Kent State…

Unless of course we're all in favor of not taking any Texas players, Florida State pass rushers… California quarterbacks…

We oughta take this on a case by case basis… I mean James Harrison did go to Kent State…

Unless of course we're all in favor of not taking any Texas players, Florida State pass rushers… California quarterbacks…

Hey, if you want to take a flyer on a couple of guys after the fourth round I'm all for it.

Hey, if you want to take a flyer on a couple of guys after the fourth round I'm all for it.

Quite true.

When you're picking high, you want to eliminate as many risk factors as possible.

By the middle-late rounds, you can entertain small school guys with a little less fear.

And it's really a grey area.

Do we view Batten and Moats (both 6th rounders) as draft successes or failures?

Personally to me, they are successes… particularly Moats… even though they might not amount to much more than special teams guys.

Gino Gradkowski is a very draftable kid out of Delaware, check out my newest article on him, as he climbs up draft boards, this could be a guy that fits in. The younger brother of Cincinnati Bengals QB Bruce Gradkowski.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/diamond-in-the-rough-gino-gradkowski-og-university-of-delaware.html

Hey Damond (or anyone)....what do you know about Scott Wedgie, C/G from Northern Illinois University? I've read a couple articles recently that have him as one of the best small-school interior lineman prospects coming out in the 2012 draft. He's 6'4" 314, and is reported to be exceptionally fast and athletic for his size. Most draft sites project him as a 5th or 6th round pick, although I have seen at least one draft pundit having him as a day 2 selection. This season he was voted 2nd team all-american. Not bad for a guy from Northern Illinois!

My link