Clemson TE Dwayne Allen...OOOPS!!!

My wife was his guidance councelor in HS and I can say the kids family is well off.

Then he must be getting paid a ton at Clemson! Btw, I have nothing against Clemson other than the fact that they are notoriously shady and pulled a great recruiting class out of thin air last year. A couple more stories for ya.

ATM Uncle?

Look familiar?

College football is so dirty. Especially Clemson.

I'm assuming you're referring to his statement that money was not a propblem; that he has more resources available to him than at any point in his life?

I'm not sure he's talking about under the table style payouts. He could be referring to benefits associated with scholarships given to college athletes throughout the country. Anyone out there familiar with college athletic scholarships? I'm assuming they get food, lodging, and free educations. They may get minimus wage jobs on campus stacking books in the bookstore. There may be other legal benefits that would cause an athlete to feel that he is being fairly taken care of and is not desparate to jump into professional sports.

He sounded like an educated, well spoken man, who was upset about his team's loss; the kind of player Buffalo should be looking for. If he received any benefit that was not in accordance with NCAA rules and he knew the benefits were not proper, I think he is intelligent enought to not talk about them. The fact that he spoke as he did suggests to me that he has a legal scholastic entitlement to whatever resources that are available to him.

Yeah, that's what he's talking about...$6 bucks per hours stacking books!!! :lol: Not sure what "well spoken" has to do with this. Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire were well spoken and cheated their asses off.

The benefits associated with an athletic scholly are all education and living expense related. Food, books, rent for off campus living, etc. He said that money isn't a consideration because he has more money than he's ever had. He didn't say food isn't a consideration because Clemson feeds him. Click on the links above and you'll see that there is a theme at Clemson.

Click on the links above and you'll see that there is a theme at Clemson.

]

I did John. Those links prove nothing. One of them shows a kid wearing yellow shorts and standing in what appears to be workout room holding money. The workout room is painted blue and white. What are Clemson's colors? The kid said the money came from his mother after she cashed a check and the pic was taken two years ago when the kid was in high school. If you prefer to believe it's dirty money. Go ahead. I need more proof than that before condemning an athletic program.

Then he must be getting paid a ton at Clemson! Btw, I have nothing against Clemson other than the fact that they are notoriously shady and pulled a great recruiting class out of thin air last year. A couple more stories for ya.

ATM Uncle?

Look familiar?

I've always wondered myself how a middling team in a sub-par BCS conference always pulls in top recruits year after year.

"One thing that won't factor into my decision is money. Being at Clemson, I've got more money and more resources than I've ever had in my whole life."

Somehow it didn't attract any follow up questions...

because if actually got dirty money he wouldn't have said a thing about it so probably his family is well off.

whats more important is this kid can play and would be a great Bill.

I'm assuming you're referring to his statement that money was not a propblem; that he has more resources available to him than at any point in his life?

I'm not sure he's talking about under the table style payouts. He could be referring to benefits associated with scholarships given to college athletes throughout the country. Anyone out there familiar with college athletic scholarships? I'm assuming they get food, lodging, and free educations. They may get minimus wage jobs on campus stacking books in the bookstore. There may be other legal benefits that would cause an athlete to feel that he is being fairly taken care of and is not desparate to jump into professional sports.

He sounded like an educated, well spoken man, who was upset about his team's loss; the kind of player Buffalo should be looking for. If he received any benefit that was not in accordance with NCAA rules and he knew the benefits were not proper, I think he is intelligent enought to not talk about them. The fact that he spoke as he did suggests to me that he has a legal scholastic entitlement to whatever resources that are available to him.

No job if one is on scholarship..NCAA got tired of no show jobs. That is why the stipend thing was such a big issue, and recently approved..these kids literally had no way to earn money..

Edited by plenzmd1

because if actually got dirty money he wouldn't have said a thing about it so probably his family is well off.

whats more important is this kid can play and would be a great Bill.

The only question being why does he suddenly have "more money" if his family has always been well to do. Just a slightly mis-spoken statement, as opposed to "enough money?"

Edited by NoSaint

I agree with you. I think the quote is taken out of context. I would love to see him in a Bills uniform.