Good News!

I can't look at the Domestic Auto Industry and honestly think Success without chuckling....

While I am glad they are doing well, do they have investors to take over the taxpayers shares yet?

Success?

The CAW claims that their members all made sacrifices with the concessions. But did they really? It seems to me that taxpayers and investors made all the sacrifices while autoworkers gave up nothing personally in either wages or pensions. And they still have 90 per cent of the benefits they enjoyed pre-bankruptcy.

Bondholders and shareholders in Chrysler and GM lost almost everything they had invested in the two companies, while taxpayers are still owed several billion of the $13 billion we put up to bail out a group of workers so well off it includes some of the world's top "one per cent" the CAW rails against.

Good to see the Union learned a lesson.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=Gm

Keeps going like this people will be snapping them up

I hope they continue to do well... that is good for the Workers, Owners, America in general...

but I have to be honest, I would not by GM or any other domestic car equity. If anything, would but a consistent performer who continue to pump out quality and cars people want, like Honda.

I have owner Chrysler and GM... not the best results... Owned two Honda, 86 Accord that I left back east because the rust began to eat the body (at 200K and running just fine), and a 2001 Civic that still drive and if well maintined I bet will go 300K.

I would buy equities based on value and long term perfromance, neither of those two I see in GM

Edited by B-Large