Good News!

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-01-04/gm-leads-u-s-automakers-securing-best-sales-year-since-08.html

Boom!

Auto sales increased as consumer confidence reached an eight-month high in December, and carmakers aired holiday ads and continued promotions started in November. The U.S. automakers rallied in 2011, two years after GM and Chrysler emerged from U.S.-backed bankruptcies. GM also reclaimed the top spot in world vehicle sales from Toyota Motor Corp.

“It’s been a phenomenal turnaround for the Big Three,” Michelle Krebs, an analyst with researcher Edmunds.com, said in an interview. “Chrysler and GM have the American taxpayer to thank for that, but in the end, it’s been a good investment.”

"Boom" what?

Its now GOOD that the gubmint is subsidizing them? I thought you and the OWS loons hated gubmint subisidies for businesses. Not for nothing, but getting a new car for Christmas is VERY "1%"

And good for GM...but I STILL wouldnt buy one.

Edited by RkFast

Good for GM but once you go German you never go back.

Unless it makes fiscal sense to go back.

Given the current state of our economy and the toll that state and federal taxes were having on my company, we began cutting back on a number of items (both corporate and personal), and one of the first things to go was the car. While I enjoyed the past years behind the wheel of a BMW, I simply could not justify the cost any further. About 8 months ago I made the leap of faith to a 2011 Dodge Charger. Cut my annual car expenditures by almost four grand, and to be honest, it's a pretty great car. Lots of room, tons of power, lots of creature comforts, and they were smart enough (unlike BMW) to put a real GPS system in the car.

While I miss my BMW, I just had to admit I didn't need that expense for a person driving less than 10K miles a year. Not to mention, I don't need that "sweet ride" any more. It's kind of along the lines of "I'm happily married for the past 12 years and have a seven-year-old son. Do I really need to keep pretending I have a full head of hair? No. No, I don't."

Unless it makes fiscal sense to go back.

Given the current state of our economy and the toll that state and federal taxes were having on my company, we began cutting back on a number of items (both corporate and personal), and one of the first things to go was the car. While I enjoyed the past years behind the wheel of a BMW, I simply could not justify the cost any further. About 8 months ago I made the leap of faith to a 2011 Dodge Charger. Cut my annual car expenditures by almost four grand, and to be honest, it's a pretty great car. Lots of room, tons of power, lots of creature comforts, and they were smart enough (unlike BMW) to put a real GPS system in the car.

While I miss my BMW, I just had to admit I didn't need that expense for a person driving less than 10K miles a year. Not to mention, I don't need that "sweet ride" any more. It's kind of along the lines of "I'm happily married for the past 12 years and have a seven-year-old son. Do I really need to keep pretending I have a full head of hair? No. No, I don't."

I'm with you on the economy taking it's toll. But in the morning when I drive my car to the office I just go in and rip off some old lady to make the payments. I mean that is how us evil financial services guys roll.

I'm with you on the economy taking it's toll. But in the morning when I drive my car to the office I just go in and rip off some old lady to make the payments. I mean that is how us evil financial services guys roll.

Interesting. You see, I'm a small business owner, and every day I get up and sit around thinking of ways to shrink my company, screw my employees and reduce my profits while also doing whatever I can to take advantage of every person I see.

Of course, none of this would be possible had I not been fortunate enough to be born into an upper middle-class family, but hey...suck it, peasants. We all can't be so lucky, so hit the tents and commence your whining.

Good for GM but once you go JAPANESE you never go back.

FIXED.

LOVE my Acura (Honda) TSX. Second one Ive owned and now looking at a third. Reliable, refined, well made, economical and holds value very well.

I took a hard look at a loaded Chevy Malibu before I got my last TSX. I like the design and I wanted to get a good ole, American made car. But I got in one, took a knock on the cheap plastic on the door panel, took a hold of the defroster switch, which was so loose I almost pulled it right out of the dash, and ran out the door of the dealer. Even the Chevy salesmen were like "You drive an Acura? What are you DOING here??!!??"

And the worst thing is....the almost criminal thing? A lot of Hondas and Acuras are made in.....Marysville, O-HI-O.

Whjat does that tell you, both about American union labor AND management?

Edited by RkFast

FIXED.

LOVE my Acura (Honda) TSX. Second one Ive owned and now looking at a third. Reliable, refined, well made, economical and holds value very well.

I took a hard look at a loaded Chevy Malibu before I got my last TSX. I like the design and I wanted to get a good ole, American made car. But I got in one, took a knock on the cheap plastic on the door panel, took a hold of the defroster switch, which was so loose I almost pulled it right out of the dash, and ran out the door of the dealer. Even the Chevy salesmen were like "You drive an Acura? What are you DOING here??!!??"

And the worst thing is....the almost criminal thing? A lot of Hondas and Acuras are made in.....Marysville, O-HI-O.

Whjat does that tell you, both about American union labor AND management?

Acura is boring though reliable. Live a little, get one of these.

http://www.audi.ca/ca/brand/en/models/a5_coupe.html

You posers don't know what real thievery is. If you posers worked in real estate like my wife and I, you'd be driving matching Bentleys too.

Well, somebody has to ram those mortgages down unwitted souls throats, don't they.