If Peyton Manning goes to the Jets...

1billsfan

I'd love to get RG3, but I don't see how Peyton Manning has anything to do with that...

Besides, let the Jets have Peyton, he's old and banged up. Best case scenario is you get a good year or two out of him and then you are back to nothing...Worst case scenario he can't throw well with a fused spine, or he has continued problems and can't play...

Exactly... Even if they did good with him for 3 years after that he retires and then the Jets will suck for a decade... I still wouldn't want it to happen though cuz I like what I see in Sanchez... And that it a loser.....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who'd you rather have on the Bills right now, Cam Newton or Jason Pierre Paul?

Yes. Scoreboard.

You're missing the point. How does the Jet's possibly getting Manning change the answer to that question...

It doesn't...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Your missing the point. How does the Jet's possibly getting Manning change the answer to that question...

It doesn't...

Maybe you think that the Bills should have no reaction to Manning (hypothetically) going to the Jets. Or, if they did, your reaction would be to find a pass rusher in the draft.

It's fine if you don't want to answer the question, but that question was in reaction to your dialog in this thread about wanting a pass rusher over trading picks to get a franchise QB.

The Bills are an irrelevant, long dormant organization. Maybe something like this happening would force the Bills to make an epic move. It shouldn't take a Manning going to the Jets to do that, but this organization needs to be woken up to the fact that they have been irrelevant since Kelly left the building.

The Bills are an irrelevant, long dormant organization. Maybe something like this happening would force the Bills to make an epic move. It shouldn't take a Manning going to the Jets to do that, but this organization needs to be woken up to the fact that they have been irrelevant since Kelly left the building.

I pretty much agree with this statement. But personally, I doubt the Bills will change their draft plans based on other teams FA's. My guess is that the Bills (Nix/Whaley) will be drafting to fill the many holes that they have and try to field a competitive team...On the flip side, Ralph will be trying to field a team with the lowest possible total expenses, regardless of compete level...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Peyton Manning is DONE....he will never play again.

his ideal scenario will be to play indy into the $28 mil bonus under the false pretense he will play again. peyton will obviously fully participate in all rehab etc... but just like this year, will announce at the last possible moment that he is unable to play and RETIRE.

Irsay should CUT manning (save the $28 mil) and then proclaim they want him back if healthy.

IIRC, they had to scramble to make the salary cap last year. Not sure how they could fit Manning's $14M+.

sanchez already has one of the highest cap hits in the league at 14 mil or so. the jets could cut or trade him and then maybe they rework mannings deal so the cap hit is lowered.

The jets could get manning while giving up probably 2 1sts and another 2nd which would allow the colts to load up on some prospects to support luck. They would also have some room in free agency to add some talent as luck's cap hit would be so small. Regardless of who they keep they need to get talent on that team to support whoever is under center.

The Bills are neither pro-active nor reactive, they will continue to "stick to the plan" and "stay the course".

Exactly....It's been working so well now for 15 years....if it's not broke, don't fix it! :bag:

wow...are the jets ready to give up on Sanchez? It would take a first and second rounder and probably a second first or second rounder to get Manning, which would give the Colts a great beginning of a rebuild. It isn't a crazy idea by any means. The Jets would be rolling the dice on Peyton's health though.

The question is whether or not Indy would rather have money or compensation for Manning. If they pay the bonus, Manning suddenly becomes easy to trade - the new team only has to manage a $8M base salary or so. That's cheap for a starting QB as we learned with the Fitz contract, much less for Peyton. So that might earn them a first round pick.

The question is if a first round pick is worth $30M to the Irsays. Seems like a stretch, but I think it's the only way the Colts trade Peyton. Otherwise, he'll be kept or cut on their end.

I think it's not impossible that Peyton just chooses to retire.

Why would Indy pay Manning $28 million & then trade him? That would not be fiscally responsible. This is not monopoly money we are talking about.

...wouldn't that almost force the Bills to make the boldest of moves and trade whatever picks it takes to get RG III?

You believe RGIII can match Peyton TD for TD?

Can RGIII sack Peyton?

Can RGIII intercept Peyton?

Can RGIII stop Peyton?

Can RGIII stop the run?

If you look at how the Patriots stopped Manning, and how the Giants stopped Brady, it was with pressure, lots of it, and great (or felonious) coverage.

The Bills need those pieces to complement an offense that improved, regardless of the naysayers. When they don't have to come back from a sizable deficit most weeks, Fitz can probably get the job done. I think play calling and the absence of Stevie sunk their lead in Week 17, and it wasn't simply due to Fitz's shortcomings.

RGIII would be a lovely piece, but if he comes at the expense of a pass rush for another season, I'm not sure I'm for it. Hopefully they can both address the future at QB and the present in the defensive front.

The real reaction from the Bills if the Jets were to aquire Manning would be to trade a first and second for Sanchez. :wallbash:

Too late. GQ Magazine has already offered a box of Rolexes and cologne samples for the rights to Sanchez. Buffalo misses the boat again.

wow...are the jets ready to give up on Sanchez? It would take a first and second rounder and probably a second first or second rounder to get Manning, which would give the Colts a great beginning of a rebuild. It isn't a crazy idea by any means. The Jets would be rolling the dice on Peyton's health though.

Mark Sanchez is JP Losman on a better team. He lacks accuracy and decision making. Those are QB killers.

And at this point, let the Jets trade for Manning and morgage their future. Neck and back injuries are the 2 worse injuries to come back from. The Bills need to worry about business in house and not what other teams are doing.

There isn't any way on earth Peyton Manning goes to play for Rex Ryan.

I think it's highly unlikely that P-Gump goes to New York. Way too much pressure there when he folds in the post-season... also might be afraid of being shown up by E-Gump.