George Cortez to talk with Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Beerball

Well there was the report/rumor/tweet from earlier today that Cortez would not be returning next year.

It sounds possible that the Bills have told him as much and encouraged him to seek other opportunities.

The fact that this rumor is being reported on the Bills website only strengthens that theory, IMO.

Perhaps they can get a QB coach who will improve Fitz mechanics (which seem like a less-talented athlete trying to emulate Brett Favre).

Perhaps they can get a QB coach who will improve Fitz mechanics (which seem like a less-talented athlete trying to emulate Brett Favre).

To be honest, I think the biggest improvement for Fitz would come when he has more than "one-THROW" all season in the pocket. "One-and-two-and-THROW" seems to give him reasonable accuracy.

I know it's not popular here to critique the line, which did play above expectations at the start of the season. They were susceptible to a D that forgot about the run and just focused on pass (easy to do with an empty backfield and a team that scouts as abandoning the run in certain situations).

But, maybe I underestimate the impact of better mechanics even in that situation.

Any ideas who that QB coach might be?