Norv and AJ survive in San Diego

Oh well, guess they will be fired next year.

I'm surprised they received the stay of execution. Being a Chargers fan has to be brutal. Years of teams full of talent in a relatively weak division that implodes inexplicably on cue but then teases you with a furious comeback to just miss the playoffs, leaving you hopeful for next year, just to witness another implosion.

Norv's 5 year record is 49 - 31. Not bad really, playoffs in 2 or 3 of 5 years. Averaging 10 wins a year. I was surprized he was up for firing. Now AJ I could see firing. San Diego is getting weaker and weaker talent wise. That isn't Norv's fault.

That they've failed to get far with that talent in that weak division is pretty bad.

I'm surprised they are still there - particularly Turner who has no particular record of success as a HC.

That they've failed to get far with that talent in that weak division is pretty bad.

I'm surprised they are still there - particularly Turner who has no particular record of success as a HC.

Exactly, making the playoffs 2-3 times in 5 years in the AFC West is barely a great feat. That division has been known for being one of the weakest division in the NFL for years. They have had very good talent on that team too

Norv is liking many coaching failures. Horrible head coach but a great coordinator. He should not have gotten that contract extension a few years ago and surprised to see he didn't get canned.

With the talent on that team and playing in such a week division, the Chargers have severly underperformed under his healm.

Remember the Chargers FIRED Shotty after a 14-2 season. :wallbash:

Norv is liking many coaching failures. Horrible head coach but a great coordinator. He should not have gotten that contract extension a few years ago and surprised to see he didn't get canned.

With the talent on that team and playing in such a week division, the Chargers have severly underperformed under his healm.

Remember the Chargers FIRED Shotty after a 14-2 season. :wallbash:

Didn't they have their eyes on another coach, anyway? It was clear that Marty wasn't AJ's guy and losing to the Patsies in the playoffs was the perfect excuse.

Nevertheless, this reeks of what Ralph did with Jauron after 2008...it was obvious to everyone that the coach wasn't working, yet the owner kept him for consistency's sake.