By the way, Fewell not really successful in NY.

True. And it happens a lot in other sports as well.

Oh yes. Baseball has always been notorious for the cronyism. The fact that someone like Don Zimmer, for example, received a lifetime sinecure as a "bench coach" is exhibit A.

He chose Buffalo over Tampa?

Imagine that.

He employs the Tampa 2 scheme, which in my opinion blows chunks, and was very lucky to even work in Tampa when it was first debuted. They had the likes of derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, John Lynch, and a stellar secondary. That team is probably the only team that could have pulled off suck a flimsy defensive scheme.

Also the Lovie Smith Bears with Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Tommie Harris, and Charles Tillman.

Personally I've never understood why NFL teams take coaches that have failed in other places, and magically expect them to work wonders in a new environment...

Good thing the Pats didn't pick up Belicheat after his dismal coaching in Clevelend... oh wait....!

Not that I don't totally disagree with you, but there are a TON of things that make things different from team to team. Hell just look at our owner and FO that refuse to pay/keep the talent we have whereas other teams will do anything it takes to secure not only good players, but also good assistants.

Neither Marv or Wade were "distinguished" coaches before they came to Buffalo, but both did a pretty damned good job while here.

He chose Buffalo over Tampa?

According to reports, yes. He picked Buffalo where he could work with his close friend Chan Gailey AND get an Assistant Head Coach title, as opposed to Tampa where the entire staff was just fired. Now, I dont think he could predict that last year's CotY nominee would be fired, but it sure did work out better in Buffalo than Tampa.

Good thing the Pats didn't pick up Belicheat after his dismal coaching in Clevelend... oh wait....!

Not that I don't totally disagree with you, but there are a TON of things that make things different from team to team. Hell just look at our owner and FO that refuse to pay/keep the talent we have whereas other teams will do anything it takes to secure not only good players, but also good assistants.

Neither Marv or Wade were "distinguished" coaches before they came to Buffalo, but both did a pretty damned good job while here.

That is an important and sensible point. That hope for parlaying past experience into future success is the one positive reason for the old boy network.

Also the Lovie Smith Bears with Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Tommie Harris, and Charles Tillman.

Good point, but as we both have proven, it takes some seriously elite pro-bowlers to make it work, and even chicago is showing it to be vulnerable.

Let's not even try to get into how bad it is for Indianapolis...