Wade Phillips (Health) Update

http://panews.com/sports/x1477837466/Little-Joe-Bum-officially-Gridiron-Legends

'Texans fans are fired up about Wade Phillips returning as defensive coordinator on Sunday, and rightfully so, although he will be working from the upstairs coaches’ box. Listening to Bum talk about Wade’s recent health issue, and seeing him briefly Saturday morning, left me convinced he’s really pushing himself to return so soon. According to Bum in remarks at the Gridiron Legends reception, Wade had “a tumor the size of a volleyball that encompassed his kidney and his gall bladder, so he had them all taken out. He’s got a scar about this long.” At that point, Bum held his hands about a foot apart. Bum also said the tumor was not malignant. In visiting with Wade, it was obvious he’s lost a lot of weight. He said he’d be restricted to working from the upstairs for as long as the Texans season goes.'

http://panews.com/sp...ridiron-Legends

'Texans fans are fired up about Wade Phillips returning as defensive coordinator on Sunday, and rightfully so, although he will be working from the upstairs coaches' box. Listening to Bum talk about Wade's recent health issue, and seeing him briefly Saturday morning, left me convinced he's really pushing himself to return so soon. According to Bum in remarks at the Gridiron Legends reception, Wade had "a tumor the size of a volleyball that encompassed his kidney and his gall bladder, so he had them all taken out. He's got a scar about this long." At that point, Bum held his hands about a foot apart. Bum also said the tumor was not malignant. In visiting with Wade, it was obvious he's lost a lot of weight. He said he'd be restricted to working from the upstairs for as long as the Texans season goes.'

I hope it's not malignant. Best wishes to Wade for a full recovery.

http://panews.com/sports/x1477837466/Little-Joe-Bum-officially-Gridiron-Legends

'Texans fans are fired up about Wade Phillips returning as defensive coordinator on Sunday, and rightfully so, although he will be working from the upstairs coaches’ box. Listening to Bum talk about Wade’s recent health issue, and seeing him briefly Saturday morning, left me convinced he’s really pushing himself to return so soon. According to Bum in remarks at the Gridiron Legends reception, Wade had “a tumor the size of a volleyball that encompassed his kidney and his gall bladder, so he had them all taken out. He’s got a scar about this long.” At that point, Bum held his hands about a foot apart. Bum also said the tumor was not malignant. In visiting with Wade, it was obvious he’s lost a lot of weight. He said he’d be restricted to working from the upstairs for as long as the Texans season goes.'

Wishing Wade the best and that the Texans keep going in the playoffs! Wade needs to ease back, but the team needs to give him something to work for,

More detailed follow-up reports described the size of the tumor as big as a volleyball without a headset...

Best wishes to Wade on a full recovery. I liked him when he was here - QB controversies and Ronnie Jones notwithstanding...