Rand Paul On Ric Santorium

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/01/rand-paul-calls-rick-santorum-a-war-mongering-moderate.php?ref=fpa

“Ron Paul does not want [iran] to have a nuclear weapon, but the question is do you want someone who’s trigger happy to be your commander in chief?,” Rand said.

Santorum is “a little over-eager to drop bombs,” Rand said.

He’s also someone who never served in the military. Ron Paul served in the military, will use force against our enemies if it’s required and if Congress approves of it, but I’m a little concerned about someone who didn’t serve in the military like Santorum, who’s a little over-eager to bomb countries because I don’t think he’s maturely thinking through the process and the consequences of war.

Good, among the many things that sickens me about the GOP is their desire for more wars :thumbsup:

Ronald Reagan was considered by many to be trigger happy. How many large wars did we have during his Presidency? The cold war also ended. Gee, I wonder why that is?

Oh, Santorium is the new Reagan? Where do you get that from?

But he is on the move! He's the latest recycled loser to be the anti-Romney

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/02/santorums-fundraising-soars-along-with-his-poll-numbers/

A senior Santorum adviser tells CNN the campaign raised more money in the last week than they raised on-line the past six months, adding that fundraising is between 300% and 400% higher on a daily basis than it was just ten days ago.

Oh, Santorium is the new Reagan? Where do you get that from?

Yes, that's exactly what I said. :wallbash:

So if I said that Ryan Fitzpatrick was a right handed quaterback like Joe Montana you'd reply: Oh, Ryan Fitzpatrick is the new Montana. What a dolt.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. :wallbash:

. What a dolt.

Don't bother Jim,

It's just another senseless Dave "cotton candy" thread (no real substance and a definite aftertaste)

He buys into the media highlighting GOP primary squabbling as a desperation sign that his boy Obama may benefit.

As if candidates disagreeing with each other and criticizing positions is unusual in this season.

Oh well, let them have their illusions while they can.

PS. Its difficult to decide if Dave's original posts are worse, or is it the laughable defensive replies that he spits out.

Don't bother Jim,

It's just another senseless Dave "cotton candy" thread (no real substance and a definite aftertaste)

He buys into the media highlighting GOP primary squabbling as a desperation sign that his boy Obama may benefit.

As if candidates disagreeing with each other and criticizing positions is unusual in this season.

Oh well, let them have their illusions while they can.

PS. Its difficult to decide if Dave's original posts are worse, or is it the laughable defensive replies that he spits out.

You have to understand, Dave is Fatty's uncle who taught him to pray at the altar of stupidity. He still hasn't come out with his endorsement of Ron Paul rather than that warmonger, Obama.

Well, now Santorum has to face a debate while he's only the latest Not-Romney that people have latched onto without knowing much about them and he has to try to build a national campaign pretty much from scratch.

He made hay in a sanctuary for his Anti-Abortion Presidency bid and holding the hands of Iowans for the last 6 months. But now the campaign starts to shift gears.

What other views does this man have besides abortion that he is both learned and vocal about? Does he have any idea what to do about the economy? How can anyone be confident that he can step in and be effective at administering the federal gov't with his ZERO executive experience?

Santorum, too, would be lost when he actually has to provide leadership and direction for this country and respond to the everyday things that happen with more than just prayer and Senate-style bluster. Obama has proved that you can't govern on soundbytes. Santorum also would have a much tougher row to hoe in the general when he'd have to court Independents who are not mad-rabidly anti-abortion (which Americans support the legality of by 70-30, last I saw. Like myself, not that they personally approve of abortion, only that it is and should be legal). If this election becomes about anything but the economy, Obama's chances increase by enough to eke a win.

As far as this following the narrative of the Carter-Reagan election with Obama out-Jimmy-Cartering Jimmy Carter and Romney with the Reagan Hair, it's still just about spot-on.