America's Drunkest Cities 2011

was this a popularity vote? based on the numbers/stats they give they aren't in any sort of semblance of order...

You're right, whether you look as avg # of drinks / month, % binge drinkers, % heavy drinkers, or % deaths from liver disease there is no "highest to lowest" order. Maybe population factors in to it.

Can't be population, Philly has a greater population than Milwaukee, I guess it's a reader survey or something. I'd think they'd rank it by avg drinks

You're right, whether you look as avg # of drinks / month, % binge drinkers, % heavy drinkers, or % deaths from liver disease there is no "highest to lowest" order. Maybe population factors in to it.

Buffalo could have done better "back in the day."

I grew up in S Buffalo and when the Mills were all operating, there were Bars on every street corner. The guys used to get paid, cash their checks at the bar, pay their bar tab, and start a new one, all in one visit. Same way around the Rail Yards. Good Times! :beer:

Oh, I forgot, nobody knew what a DUI was either.

SF makes # 3!!

I'll drink to that. :beer:

SF has such a history of debauchery that continues today. We went to four places NYE day. Three hotels (from the ancient Palace to the mondern St Regis) and our favorite dive bar. At the last place my wife ordered a Cosmo and they brought her two. They said they were out of "regular" Cosmo glasses so they made her two. Well those looked like regular Cosmo glasses to me and they kicked her ass. I felt sorry for her. She was running to but bus stop with me running behind her yelling "the next bus doesn't come for 15 minutes!!"

BTW I grew up in the bars in Attica NY. I was back there recently at The Hotel and the woman behind the bar said she was from Batavia and the owner of the bar had to show her how to make an "Attica" drink. Talk about a wasted town....Attica takes the cake. Or at least it used to.

From the article. Average drinks, per person, per month : 12.06 That's a slow weekend for me. :cry:

Edited by Chef Jim

This article depressed me. Im telling myself they must have averaged in a lot of 0's from the non drinkers as my average drinks/month would be off any of those charts.

I went to a doctor a couple of years ago. She asked if I drank. I said just on weekends. She asked how many. I lied and said 10. She said wow....a lot.

Edited by Chef Jim

This article depressed me. Im telling myself they must have averaged in a lot of 0's from the non drinkers as my average drinks/month would be off any of those charts.

That would be me. Last drinks I had was two beers at a company Christmas party back on Dec 16th. I can't remember when the time before that would have been.