Santonio Holmes takes self out of game WOW

Anyone else read that Mike Lombardi article on the Jets on nfl.com? He describes Sanchez as requiring the open man on each play to be identified for him:

....He is not a quick reader of the progression, therefore with every call, Schottenheimer has to tell him where to expect the open man. If the call is a bad one, then Sanchez starts to panic and looks nervous. The most effective pass play he runs is the fake handoff, deep crosser, which has no read -- just fake and come out throwing. The more Sanchez has to read off the play, the better chance the play has to break down. Therefore, the Jets must keep things simple.

It does sorta make Sanchez sound like the sort of QB a smart wideout would find frustrating. That said, I agree that to go off on the QB in the huddle and stalk out of the game is inexcusable.

Cue "Holmes cut by Jets, any interest?" on TBD

(edit: Linky )

Wow! if Sanchez is that bad then they will never win with him.

Shhhh..they don't know

No sense in keeping quiet about it. The Jets seem to know:

My link

"A league source tells PFT that the Jets are beginning to realize that Sanchez may not be the answer at the position."

and

"...we’re told that the Jets will quietly explore their options, refraining from dropping any hints until they’re ready to pull the trigger ..."

Yeah, I'd love to have David Harris, Calvin Pace, Bart Scott and Darrelle Revis too.

Looks like Bart Scott will become available:

"Rod Boone of Newsday reports that the Jets will not bring Scott back for another season."

Reason:

"... his play has steadily fallen off the last two years. He was a part-time player this year, and was not terribly effective."

My link

My link

"A league source tells PFT that the Jets are beginning to realize that Sanchez may not be the answer at the position."

and

"...we're told that the Jets will quietly explore their options, refraining from dropping any hints until they're ready to pull the trigger ..."

Interesting, but short of swinging a big deal for a guy like Flynn, I don't think they'll have many other options for 2012. But I could see them drafting someone in the 2/3d round as the future QB.

Looks like Bart Scott will become available:

"Rod Boone of Newsday reports that the Jets will not bring Scott back for another season."

Reason:

"... his play has steadily fallen off the last two years. He was a part-time player this year, and was not terribly effective."

Thanks for that link. I didn't watch as many Jets games as usual this year (the Bills were inexplicably on TV almost every week this season) so guess I didn't notice. He's been really good IMO, but may be slowing down after 10 years.

AFCE Blog today: "JESTS are stuck with Mark Sanchez".

"Sanchez does some things well. He's doesn't flinch in the clutch and plays his best football in the fourth quarter. He's also very good with play-action passes. Those are some things to build on.

But overall, I'm skeptical that Sanchez's ceiling is much higher than what we've seen the previous three years. The Jets are a veteran team built to win now yet has no choice but to stick with Sanchez for at least another season.

That is the price you pay for drafting a quarterback in the top five." James Walker ESPN

Interesting, but short of swinging a big deal for a guy like Flynn, I don't think they'll have many other options for 2012. But I could see them drafting someone in the 2/3d round as the

Peyton manning .... In the same division with Brady would be interesting

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I wish we could find a guy bad enough to get us into the playoffs twice in three years

Wow, and I thought crayonz' argument that Donte Whitner is the reason the 49'ers turned it around this year was foolish, but your statement tops that.

Yeah, I'd love to have David Harris, Calvin Pace, Bart Scott and Darrelle Revis too.

:thumbsup:

My link

and

"...we’re told that the Jets will quietly explore their options, refraining from dropping any hints until they’re ready to pull the trigger ..."

They could always trade Sanchez to GQ Magazine for some Rolexes and cologne samples.