Verizon now charging $2 fee for online bill pay

\GoBillsInDallas/

If I want to pay my water bill online, there is a $7 "convenience fee" added on...wtf!?! I frickin HATE having to mail in a check, but there is no damn way in hell I'm paying what amounts to like a 15% tax on my bill just to PAY it. These people have balls.

How does processing a paper check cost less?

About 25% of that $2 is the postage they have to pay to send the bill by mail to the customer. Then add in paper and printing costs, staffing costs to process check payments, etc.

It just boggles the mind.

That has already been put in to the cost of doing business.

Ok, point of clarification, which I still don't like...this fee is for those if us that don't sign up for their automatic bill pay where it comes out of your account everymonth...I personally don't like that, as I enjoy playing the deadline game...I'm sure paper checks will soon suffer the same fate

If I want to pay my water bill online, there is a $7 "convenience fee" added on...wtf!?! I frickin HATE having to mail in a check, but there is no damn way in hell I'm paying what amounts to like a 15% tax on my bill just to PAY it. These people have balls.

The local water company and sanitation company each want a $3 'convenience' fee if I pay on-line. When my bill is approx.

$15 for each, I don't think so. Now that Mrs. Lew and I are empty nesters our H2O bill has drastically reduced.

I'll keep sending the checks

Edited by LewPort71

The local water company and sanitation company each want a $3 'convenience' fee if I pay on-line. When my bill is approx.

$15 for each, I don't think so. Now that Mrs. Lew and I are empty nesters our H2O bill has drastically reduced.

I'll keep sending the checks

Isn't that ridiculous?? All these stupid "convenience fees" add up when you consider all the bills we pay... :wallbash:

"convenience fees" are one of the main reasons I don't go to concerts as much...if you wanna charge $50, charge $50...don't f*** with me with a $25 ticket price and $25 in add on fees....

Isn't that ridiculous?? All these stupid "convenience fees" add up when you consider all the bills we pay... :wallbash:

"convenience fees" are one of the main reasons I don't go to concerts as much...if you wanna charge $50, charge $50...don't f*** with me with a $25 ticket price and $25 in add on fees....

You got that right...that's why I'm glad I know the owner of one of the best concert venues in ATL...I don't go nearly as often as many of you guys do, but the times I have gone he's hooked me up. I know people at work who went to shows and they were shocked with how much more the tickets ended up being after all the fees.

It's sort of like these informercials they have on now (I'm usually up late, so I'm privy to this sort of thing)...they have this product that they'll say you can have for only like $9. Then if you read the small print, it says that's just for the in-home trial, and if you keep it you'll be charged up the arse for the remainder. I bet people fall for that all the time...

Well, if you dont want to pay a conveninece fee for a concert ticket, we can go back to waiting on line outside some deli with a Tickemaster machine at midnight until tickets go on sale at 9AM the next day. Or God forbid....you have to drive to the box office! Oh...the horror!!!!

works for me!

Well, if you dont want to pay a conveninece fee for a concert ticket, we can go back to waiting on line outside some deli with a Tickemaster machine at midnight until tickets go on sale at 9AM the next day. Or God forbid....you have to drive to the box office! Oh...the horror!!!!

works for me!

You would say that........friggin Deadheads and their mailorder nonsense. I keed, I keed.

The day I got over the conveneince fee thing was the first time I scored tickets to a show by sauntering up to my PC in my pajamas at five minutes to nine and having tix in hand six minutes later. Dont get me wrong....I agree that Ticketmonsters rates are obnoxious...but they ARE providing a service that has value. Same thing with a lot of these conveneince fees. People whining over airline ones bug me the most. People DEMANDED the airlines lower their fees to a few hundred bucks, even for a cross country trip. Airlines get nickel and dimed down to five bucks on airfares...but then consumers get pissy when they have to pay for stuff a la carte? You cant have it both ways, folks.

Edited by RkFast