Bills sign new kicker

PromoTheRobot

Actually, based on what I saw in the games Raynor played, he wasn't all bad. HE has a reputation for a big leg...and we saw that early. Long kickoffs and a couple of FG's over 50 yards. But, his performance did suffer, and he was not the same kicker. KO's not getting to the endzone, and the misses last week. Anyhaow, if Lindell goes elsewhere, he is at least some sort of an alternative, that when healthy, is at least a journeyman. Not as good as Lindell I think in terms of consistency, but you won't see Lindell even try any shots over 50....they just punt so he avoids the embarassment and the good opposition field position that also results from a miss.

Yes. He could miss every field goal instead of every other one. But still glad Rayner is gone.

PTR

Rayner scored more than twice as many points as the entire rest of the offense. He was the only red zone scoring threat in "Mega Mind's" stupendous play calling.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I blame the jets game on him with that Charlie Brown kickoff :wallbash:`

AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

People can blame Stevie Johnson all they want for the dropped catch and his stupid TD celebration, but that missed kick is why the Bills lost that game.

Thanks for reminding me. :angry:

Lets all remember that Rayner made a few long tough kicks for us. He is a waiver wire pick up and not the next Adam Vinitari.

Before the Miami game he was doing fine. His biggest gaff until that game was the squib kick that he did not execute (Jets game), and I blame Chan for not just kicking it away and putting him in that situation.

He missed the critical short kick against Miami and then two more shorties against Denver. Given what has now come to light, Rayner should have been IR'ed three weeks ago.

Also --- you cannot cut an injured player, you have to IR him and pay him or reach some settlement.

Only the Bills would try to finish the season with an injured kicker. They basicially saved having to pay one more minimum wage salary for two weeks.

I don't blame Rayner at all. This is another Front Office bungle.

Edited by Bob in STL

Strangely, just over a year ago, one incredibly prescient TSW poster made an absolutely brilliant suggestion - a suggestion that, as usual, was ignored by the Bills front office...

link

The Eagles front office heeded the suggestion, and are glad they did.

i could see spending a late round draft pick on the kid.same kind of leg denver's kicker has

My buddy and I were watching last weeks affair and decided that if Raynor and F$tzmoney switched uniforms you wouldnt be able to tell. #14 at QB would still throw INTs and Dump passes and #3 would still miss 24 yard Field Goals. Besides the kicker would have a beard.

What game were you watching? Fitz, while playing mediocre at best, threw zero interceptions. Let's at least be honest while savaging our own.

I blame the jets game on him with that Charlie Brown kickoff :wallbash:`

I blame the Jets game on SJ for not catching that pass that hit him in the hands in full stride that he either could have taken in for the game winner or at worst case got us to the 10 yard line. And Rain Man would not have been trying a squib if SJ hadn't acted like a fool in the EZ on the play before. It would have been a regular kickoff and Jets likely would have taken over on the 20 instead of our 35 or whatever it was.

For being a guy signed off the waiver wire who had been out of football I thought Rain Man did pretty well. The 53 yarder he made was sweet. If he was injured, it may help explain the missed short kicks.