Buffalo natives rank Boston Chicken Wings

\GoBillsInDallas/

Much of the Boston Globe web site is a paywall, so forgive me for posting the entire article:

Looking for the king of Buffalo wings — in Boston

A herd of New York natives takes a crawl to find Boston area’s best attempt at Buffalo’s killer app

By Glenn Yoder

Boston Globe Staff

December 28, 2011

linky

Edited by BuffaloBill
Can't post entire article but link contains needed information.

Expect a mod to remove most of this post since it's a copyright infringement to post an entire article.

It's not hard to make proper wings. The most common pitfall is undercooking them. Most places want to get the food out as fast as possible. They have to learn to find the sweet spot between crisp and overcooked. The sauce us just melted butter and Frank's.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Expect a mod to remove most of this post since it's a copyright infringement to post an entire article.

It's not hard to make proper wings. The most common pitfall is undercooking them. Most places want to get the food out as fast as possible. They have to learn to find the sweet spot between crisp and overcooked. The sauce us just melted butter and Frank's.

PTR

Or failing to pat the wings dry before frying, or using frozen chemical pumped garbage which drops the temp of the oil pretty drastically and almost ensures you won't be able to crisp the skin. Like you said, its not hard at all to cook a perfect wing, which is why I'm amazed at some of the garbage you can get even in WNY. Judging by the inedible crap I got from Wings Over Rochester the other day, it seems you don't have to go to Mass to get Boston style wings.

PTR

This. As a former wing 'chef' I can attest that this is indeed the case. I'd say 90% of places outside of WNY undercook their wings, even when you ask them to prepare them crispy.

Too far for lunch. I'd do Buffalo Bros in a second if they were nearby.

Can I get them nekkid at the Staduim Cafe?

Never attempted to order nude wings ... I would assume so but call. If you plan to eat in downside to stadium cafe is that like many places in Addison it is not smoke free.

This thread gave me a hankerin' for some good wings. Unfortunately they are impossible to find here. :cry:

Aussiew says Buffalo Brothers in Fort

Worth across from TCU on University

is the BEST!!

Too far for lunch. I'd do Buffalo Bros in a second if they were nearby.

Can I get them nekkid at the Staduim Cafe?

Don't go for lunch go for an early dinner

when Sabres play on east coast time.

Every TV except for a few will have the

game.