A Baltimore Perspective On Lee Evans !!

T master

I know at some point I commented that Evans looked to me like he had alligator arms and that he looked like a guy who had given up when the season was only half over in 2010. I really thought that his attitude would improve when he got traded to a team that would likely be in the playoffs. I'm a little bit surprised to find that the verdict has come in that the poor effort that he had for his last couple of seasons with the Bills is continuing now that he is on the Ravens.

I think people are over analyzing this. I think Evans is just not that good. His effort has nothing to do with it. It's lack of ability. It looked to me like he had put on weight here and that would definately have caused him to slow down. Speed was his main asset. Without it, he's avrage at best.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a few people raving about how he pulled all the coverage for Boldin and Rice and was the silent factor in the destruction of the Steelers in week 1. Then we literally have not heard a word about him since. You know who you are Mods/posters.

Yep, there was one Mod in particular that if anybody questioned him in that post he belittled them saying they knew nothing about football. The funny thing is the Mod that I am talking about(and I am sure everybody knows who he is) acts like an expert but really knows no more football then my 2 year old daughter.

Yep, there was one Mod in particular that if anybody questioned him in that post he belittled them saying they knew nothing about football. The funny thing is the Mod that I am talking about(and I am sure everybody knows who he is) acts like an expert but really knows no more football then my 2 year old daughter.

I've seen two year old daughters with some serious football chops

:thumbsup:

Canine Kelly and I had an epic back and forth about this...

Anyone who joined that discussion and/or followed it knows precisely where I stand on this issue...Kelly, what say you?

Haha, when this trade went down I -- blasphemous as it was -- compared Evans to Nate Burleson. Turns out I inadvertently insulted Mr. Burleson in a big way. Very nice season.

For all of you that at the beginning of the year were so PO'd when we traded our most valuable asset at the WR position to the Ravens , the one that had all the speed that we needed to open up the field for Stevie to do his magic you need to go & read the side bar article with the same heading as this post has on Buffalo Rumblings & be very thankful !!

Apparently the Ravens are looking at the Evans trade as a total waste of a draft pick !! They even mentioned something about his attitude & that that may have been why the Bills got rid of him ?? Go figure ?? I always thought he was a positive type guy but maybe he was just full of excuses for his performance & the only good thing he had to show in his career was that one year with JP .

They also said that he showed little effort in braking up a INT against the Browns , could that have been why he could never get open when he was with the Bills because he was just collecting a pay check ??????? :flirt:

But i just thought that we could get a bit of redemption for all of you that cried :cry: so bad when we traded him !! Check it out & see what they have to say ...

When you go to the link it's on the 5th page !! Enjoy !!!!

At this point, it appears that both teams lost.

The Bills receiving corps instantly lost it's proven deep threat. The lack of one certainly did end up hurting as defenses compressed the field and snuffed out a Bills offense that in the first two months of the season had the Bills poised for their first playoff appearance in forever.

It's hard to say what impact having a HR threat on the outside would have made, but it's pretty telling when the fans and the owner are lamenting the lack of quality at the receiver position. Wasn't a problem in 2010 was it?

We all have visions of getting an excellent player with that 4th round pick. And maybe they will. The Bills ended up getting Kyle Williams with the 5th rounder they got in exchange for Eric Moulds.

However, other deals haven't worked out so well.

The McGahee trade was supposed to be a windfall and they ended up getting Trent Edwards and used the other pick as part of the Stroud trade. That was a complete miss. McGahee just keeps being productive. A backfield of Jackson and McGahee would be more than adequate by any standard, but instead trading him lead to the Bills drafting two more RB's in round one.

The Peters trade was trumpeted as a victory as well. Peters just keeps going to pro bowls and collecting all pro votes. Who would have thought a LT in his mid-20's might actually get better? The Bills got a good interior lineman in return In Eric Wood, but he has ended up on IR in two of his 3 seasons. Shawn Nelson is history. Bad trade.

Who cares about Evans now. Braylon Edwards was jut released. That's a guy worth taken a year shot at. He may grow up as his career is in the dumps die to his off field issues. Big wr too.

We will hear this all off season and never do it. Personally, if the Bills never have another Edwards (except Dwan) I wouldn't mind.

I know at some point I commented that Evans looked to me like he had alligator arms and that he looked like a guy who had given up when the season was only half over in 2010. I really thought that his attitude would improve when he got traded to a team that would likely be in the playoffs. I'm a little bit surprised to find that the verdict has come in that the poor effort that he had for his last couple of seasons with the Bills is continuing now that he is on the Ravens.

True. The sentiment was that Evans was tired of the losing and would show better on a good/playoff team. So much for that one.

I think we'd be better off waiting to declare "victory." Let's see what Evans does in the playoffs, whether he makes the Ravens' roster next year, and what the Bills do with that 4th and the $$ they've saved...

At this point, it appears that both teams lost.The Bills receiving corps instantly lost it's proven deep threat. The lack of one certainly did end up hurting as defenses compressed the field and snuffed out a Bills offense that in the first two months of the season had the Bills poised for their first playoff appearance in forever.It's hard to say what impact having a HR threat on the outside would have made, but it's pretty telling when the fans and the owner are lamenting the lack of quality at the receiver position. Wasn't a problem in 2010 was it?We all have visions of getting an excellent player with that 4th round pick. And maybe they will. The Bills ended up getting Kyle Williams with the 5th rounder they got in exchange for Eric Moulds.However, other deals haven't worked out so well.The McGahee trade was supposed to be a windfall and they ended up getting Trent Edwards and used the other pick as part of the Stroud trade. That was a complete miss. McGahee just keeps being productive. A backfield of Jackson and McGahee would be more than adequate by any standard, but instead trading him lead to the Bills drafting two more RB's in round one. The Peters trade was trumpeted as a victory as well. Peters just keeps going to pro bowls and collecting all pro votes. Who would have thought a LT in his mid-20's might actually get better? The Bills got a good interior lineman in return In Eric Wood, but he has ended up on IR in two of his 3 seasons. Shawn Nelson is history. Bad trade.

It was a good trade for the Bills, regardless. He's not the same player he once was and didn't fit the offense, they cleared cap space, and got a 4th rounder. Unless he is a major factor in the playoffs, which doesn't appear likely, it was nothing but a bad trade for the Ravens. But we shall see.

At this point, it appears that both teams lost.

The Bills receiving corps instantly lost it's proven deep threat. The lack of one certainly did end up hurting as defenses compressed the field and snuffed out a Bills offense that in the first two months of the season had the Bills poised for their first playoff appearance in forever.

It's hard to say what impact having a HR threat on the outside would have made, but it's pretty telling when the fans and the owner are lamenting the lack of quality at the receiver position. Wasn't a problem in 2010 was it?

We all have visions of getting an excellent player with that 4th round pick. And maybe they will. The Bills ended up getting Kyle Williams with the 5th rounder they got in exchange for Eric Moulds.

However, other deals haven't worked out so well.

The McGahee trade was supposed to be a windfall and they ended up getting Trent Edwards and used the other pick as part of the Stroud trade. That was a complete miss. McGahee just keeps being productive. A backfield of Jackson and McGahee would be more than adequate by any standard, but instead trading him lead to the Bills drafting two more RB's in round one.

The Peters trade was trumpeted as a victory as well. Peters just keeps going to pro bowls and collecting all pro votes. Who would have thought a LT in his mid-20's might actually get better? The Bills got a good interior lineman in return In Eric Wood, but he has ended up on IR in two of his 3 seasons. Shawn Nelson is history. Bad trade.

The Bills offense was top of the league through the first half of the season with Fitz being a top ranked passer, and Jackson as the league-leading RB. Evans's absence was not noticed while everyone on our OL and WR were healthy.

I find it disingenuous (at worst) and inaccurate (at best) that you mention the drafts of FORMER regimes compared to what we might do next draft while no mention of our solid 4th round picks from 2011.

Also neglecting the fact that McGahee HIMSELF did not want to be here, did not learn the playbook, and would not work out with the team. Furthermore, McGahee was demoted and sent packing by the Ravens before finding new success with the Broncos. Congrats Willis, it only took 7 years to be the runner we all thought you could be.

As far as Peters and his pro-bowls go... Fitz is still in the running to end up in the Pro Bowl this year. Right behind him, Tebow. What does that tell you about the correlation that Pro-bowl = Best at Position? It's a popularity contest, and if you are an OL, once you get on, you keep getting voted back based on name alone (see: Ruben Brown).

The only reason behind your premise that both teams lost is due to unforeseen injuries to at least 3 of our WRs. We had replacements for Evans, they just didnt make it through the season. However, given our Offense's production up until the injury bug bit, I'd say the Bills definitely made out on the deal.

Haha, when this trade went down I -- blasphemous as it was -- compared Evans to Nate Burleson. Turns out I inadvertently insulted Mr. Burleson in a big way. Very nice season.

Honestly, I was shocked at how badly the televised "experts" flamed the trade.

Meanwhile, back in reality--a place that lies beyond the borders of Bils nation--the reaction to the Evans trade was as follows:

Me--Holy cow, the Bills just traded Lee Evans.

Co-Worker and Fellow Chicagoan--Who's Lee Evans?

Just more evidence of good personnel decisions made since the Bills hired a real GM and got rid of Modrak. They had a great draft, and obviously got rid of an overrated player after he hit is prime. Not only that, but they got a decent draft pick in return. The Bronco's only got a 6th rounder for Lloyd, a much better receiver IMO.

Despite the let down this year (at least partially due to injuries), I still feel better about this team than I have in a long time. Next year will be key to seeing if the Bills are actually building something, or if this was just another "2008".

Really? Nix sucks as a GM. The man bypassed both lines for a RB with the #9 pick, ignoring football 101. the gave a huge contract to a guy who has no business being a starter at QB in the NFL and his play since the money proves it. More of Buffalo paying backups to be starters.

Really? Nix sucks as a GM. The man bypassed both lines for a RB with the #9 pick, ignoring football 101. the gave a huge contract to a guy who has no business being a starter at QB in the NFL and his play since the money proves it. More of Buffalo paying backups to be starters.

A lot of people, myself included, would disagree with your opinion. But Im not going to hijack this thread with that argument.

I'll admit... at the beginning of the season, I really thought Evans would have a huge year and really help to tramsform the Raven offense. Whether due to his injury, attitude, or whatever, I was wrong.I also, FWIW, really thought OchoCinco would have a career year with Brady throwing him the ball. Again, I was wrong.It reminds me of the old adage that free agents are more valuable to their existing team than to a new team. There is definitely some truth to that, despite the few examples (Sproles, for ex) of FAs really helping their new team. It's also Preseason thoughts like this, that remind me... I'm just a fan and no GM. So, like it or not, we gotta give Nix a chance to do his job and just hope he's better than a fan.

I'll admit... at the beginning of the season, I really thought Evans would have a huge year and really help to tramsform the Raven offense. Whether due to his injury, attitude, or whatever, I was wrong.I also, FWIW, really thought OchoCinco would have a career year with Brady throwing him the ball. Again, I was wrong.It reminds me of the old adage that free agents are more valuable to their existing team than to a new team. There is definitely some truth to that, despite the few examples (Sproles, for ex) of FAs really helping their new team. It's also Preseason thoughts like this, that remind me... I'm just a fan and no GM. So, like it or not, we gotta give Nix a chance to do his job and just hope he's better than a fan.

Dan, if you're not gonna be a "know-it-all" hotshot, your opinions aren't welcomed around here.

This is no place for humility or accountability.

This forum is for people with 70 posts who are telling us what their opinions were before they joined the forum and for those who will never admit they were wrong.

Kindly unregister from the forum, turn in your gun and your badge.

Thank you and good bye.

Ha Ha...you said it Chappy not me....

spot on though.

5 Our Father's and 10 Hail Mary's and you shall be absolved.